Order To Animas

diabeticdancer

Hi

A few questions about ordering some pump stuff.

How far in advance should I order? How much should I order?
Do I just give in the serial number on my pump? Can I just order through their website instead of calling?

When I got my pump I was told that there is already an account set up for me.

Thanks x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi

A few questions about ordering some pump stuff.

How far in advance should I order? How much should I order?
Do I just give in the serial number on my pump? Can I just order through their website instead of calling?

When I got my pump I was told that there is already an account set up for me.

Thanks x

All you need to do is ring give your name and they will check to make sure you exist. Just in case for 1st order have your pump no., handy. It's not needed afterwards.
As to how much you order depends on the setup your commissioning group has for payment of supplies. I have to order mine every 3 months.
Obviously the most sensible thing to do is to order when you have one full box of cannulas left. This gives you plenty of space in case there is a delay for supplies for any reason. As the supplies come from abroad you can expect to wait at least 48 hours for them.
You can also pick your delivery day as they have to be signed for.
I've never ordered through the website so no idea on that one.

diabeticdancer

All you need to do is ring give your name and they will check to make sure you exist. Just in case for 1st order have your pump no., handy. It's not needed afterwards.
As to how much you order depends on the setup your commissioning group has for payment of supplies. I have to order mine every 3 months.
Obviously the most sensible thing to do is to order when you have one full box of cannulas left. This gives you plenty of space in case there is a delay for supplies for any reason. As the supplies come from abroad you can expect to wait at least 48 hours for them.
You can also pick your delivery day as they have to be signed for.
I've never ordered through the website so no idea on that one.
Thanks so much. I will give them a call this morning and see if they can find me:) have a great day x

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
All I can add is dont forget some extra batteries and skin tac/remover :)

Just tried to ring them myself and they arent open just yet.

pumppimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Also you can order via email but you need to ask about this when you call up, and they should set it up for you. I tend to order 6 months worth in one go as the courrier cost gets charged to the NHS so might as well only pay that twice a year.

iHs

The courier costs which sre passed to the CCG to pay, are very high so try to order enough ov everytging you need to last for 4 or 6 months. That way, there's more money in the pot for someone else to possibly have a pump

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
The courier costs which sre passed to the CCG to pay, are very high so try to order enough ov everytging you need to last for 4 or 6 months. That way, there's more money in the pot for someone else to possibly have a pump

It's all very well saying this, but if you have a commissioning group that insists you order every 3 months there isn't a lot you can do about it.
As I suggested in my first post check with DSN as to what frequency supplies must be ordered.

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
I order just before I start on my last boxes of sets and cartridges. I have to order my supply's through Kings and when I asked for 6 months supply, I got sent 3 months so I guess it comes down to who you are under.

iHs

I haven't been stipulated to when I can order but I did find out the courier costs to be expensive so try to order 3 months worth instead of phoning evrry 4 weeks

diabeticdancer

When I rang up the lady looked at my account and said that I can order 3 boxes of each at a time. I done that but will ask for more next time to save on delivery prices. Thanks for your help :)