What do you eat

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you testing before and after eating it too?

I'll be very interested to hear if you are. Sadly, I don't get on too well with "ordinary" pasta.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My findings with pasta were a slower peak (around 3 hours) and a couple of days (yes, days) until my levels reverted to my historic usual.

I hope you fare better.

Reactions: 2 people

runner2009

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
will test again at 2 hours.

Here is an interesting article regarding a specific brand of low carb pasta and its affects on blood sugar over a 7-hour period by the dietdoctor

At the end of the article they also compare BG levels with regular pasta - http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-dreamfields-pasta-fraud

In my mind, I try to eat mostly non starchy vegetables and non processed foods. The goal is to eat 35g to 50g of fiber a day with 100g of carbs or less - lots of veggies and chia seeds But avocados too.

It has taken me awhile to wrap my mind around the fact that Pasta and bread are really processed foods.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
6.3 before 7.2 after 1.5 hours which is usually when I peak.
7.5 after 2 hours, 7.3 after 2.5 hours, 7.2 after 3 hours. 6.5 after 3.5 hours.
never seen a result like that . I fell asleep after it so didn't test at 30 mins and I hour.. I was on night shift last night my body behaves differently.
I will try the other half sometim when I am more normal. And I wont eat as much of it. It had a lot of fat in it. I am really looking for something I can eat with my wife.