First Clinic Appointment.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

Had my first meeting with Nurse today and it was great, well as great as it could be, Went through everything and took bloods for testing which type and also general check over.

I was issued with monitor and while she was showing me it my readings had increased from 17 to 22! She gave me another one that checks Ketones and they were ok I was also issued with a pres for Amaryl, I keep checking them and they keep going up! Last one was 27.5 but that was about an hour after eating meal

Overall feel a lot more positive about it though.

Thanks all for support & advice

Chris

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Chris, I am glad everything went ok with the Nurse. Stress can increase your bg. What did you have to eat?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You should do. May be with your doctor. My first was about an hour long

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Diagnosed about 10 weeks. never had anything like that. Is that normal?

Hi. It's usual to have an appointment again with either the GP or nurse around 3 months after diagnosis to check meds, probably do an HBa1C blood test etc. If you're worried about anything then do setup an appointment as needed.

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed about 10 weeks. never had anything like that. Is that normal?

Hi, I was diagnosed in Feb this year, I had a 5 minute appointment with the Nurse to get my Metformin and told to make an appointment in May for another HbA1c test. I think it depends on the surgery, some are really good and run through everything when you're first diagnosed and some (like mine) don't tell you anything, that's why I joined this Forum, and really glad I did, If they had given me the HNS diet I probably would have followed it and been oblivious to the benefits of being here, so they did me a massive favour.

Marilyn

Reactions: 2 people

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
Hi. It's usual to have an appointment again with either the GP or nurse around 3 months after diagnosis to check meds, probably do an HBa1C blood test etc. If you're worried about anything then do setup an appointment as needed.

I was diagnosed in Jan, my Doctor told me not to come back till May, I to have not had a nurse check, I have worried on how do I keep my B/S down if I have no means of checking it, ok I was told to loose weight I was 81kols I am now 74, I was told to drink plenty of water. I wend to Desmonds on Tues it is rather like been at school 9-30 till 4-30, Mind you it is better than when I was at school in 1935 as not answering the questions you got the cane, well yes I did mess up a few times on Tues and I realised I know sod all about all these names and odd letters but I did ask why some need to do blood tests and I was told if you take tablets once about every six months. my feeling are if you have this thing far better to be able to check if you are on the right track and not be in the dark, Now I do a B/P check daily and managed to get the readings down too 28/59/60. When I told them at desmonds they asked why I did it, my answer was well it was a lot higher when I saw the Doctor in January, well they said did I get any satisfaction.?

Well as you are told that high blood pressure is bad for you and you manage to reduce it surly you get satisfaction from knowing you are getting it lower.
as to exercise I cannot walk far but well I have a bike in my bedroom and I am now doing eight miles a day plus free exercise for 15 minutes
I cannot do crunches as well I cannot lay down on the floor as once down I cannot get up, I can no longer take real baths for the same reason so well I sit on a board put my feet in a bowl of water and bath myself that way, yes it takes for ever but well I suppose it passes the time on.

Type 2 Metfornin 500 twice a day, irbesatan 75 mg once a day
Diagnosesed Jan 2014 aged 83

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

I must be really lucky with my GP/Nurse's as she couldn't have been more helpful, I tested again this morning prior to eating and after 20 min walk from bus stop and it was 11 so fingers crossed!

I'd had grilled salmon, plain pots and carrots, I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing to have eaten given result later?

Thanks
Chris

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Hi,

I must be really lucky with my GP/Nurse's as she couldn't have been more helpful, I tested again this morning prior to eating and after 20 min walk from bus stop and it was 11 so fingers crossed!

I'd had grilled salmon, plain pots and carrots, I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing to have eaten given result later?

Thanks
Chris
I don't know if you are medicated skinny, but I'd cut back on the potatoes.