OMG I am one happy bunny

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, Simon Cowell and spiders
:D Diagnosed T2 end of Feb so down to sheer bloody mindedness tackled the diet/exercise challenge. Have now lost 20lbs! Ten bags of sugar! Still playing a juggling act with glucose levels but I am hurtling along now! Might change my avatar to a skinny clanger:p

Reactions: 26 people

popsy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Oh well done anni!! It takes a LOT of determination to do what you have done. Onward and upward you go! :joyful:

Reactions: 4 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
keep it coming... :D

Reactions: 2 people

anniwoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, Simon Cowell and spiders
Good job! perhaps you would share your secret? :D
Hi Ive gone mainly low carb route, brekkie is usually fruit and yoghurt or poached eggy or bacon and egg at weekends. Lunch mainly salad or slices of cucumber, celery, toms and sliced pepper with a bit of cheese or chicken, I eat lots of oily fish. Evening meals are pretty much what the rest of the family have but rice, pasta and spuds I have a large serving spoon and take only one spoonful snacks for me are nuts and fruit, managed to get chocolate down to once a week on a Fri night. Exercise is a must for me, half hour a day on my trusty exercise bike-look out Bradley Wiggins! Theres no real method to my madness but as you well know the brilliant bunch on this forum have loads of ideas for recipe and fitness advice.
Good Luck1:)

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh well done. No wonder you are a happy bunny.

Your diet sounds much the same as mine except I have a slice of granary bread with my lunch, and admit to having a few home made deep fried chips some days, but limit it to 6 chips max. (13 carbs), and I don't eat chocolate or nuts.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Hi Ive gone mainly low carb route, brekkie is usually fruit and yoghurt or poached eggy or bacon and egg at weekends. Lunch mainly salad or slices of cucumber, celery, toms and sliced pepper with a bit of cheese or chicken, I eat lots of oily fish. Evening meals are pretty much what the rest of the family have but rice, pasta and spuds I have a large serving spoon and take only one spoonful snacks for me are nuts and fruit, managed to get chocolate down to once a week on a Fri night. Exercise is a must for me, half hour a day on my trusty exercise bike-look out Bradley Wiggins! Theres no real method to my madness but as you well know the brilliant bunch on this forum have loads of ideas for recipe and fitness advice.
Good Luck1:)

You are doing great, keep up the good work. Fab

Reactions: 2 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Well done Anni, absolutely brilliant, keep it up :woot: