Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
frankly, during initial stage of diagnose i did test every alternate morning. but i decided that i will stop doing it so frequently. i have to be positive and start taking my mind of these levels. now i do testing every month just to ensure i am ok. but i do think that people on insulin should test their bg, so that the dosage is correct.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What sort of scores were you getting mine?

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
My fasting levels have been 10+ for the last 2 weeks. I've been back on the wagon during this time and testing several times a day. I'm lucky to get more than one test in a day that's within the range which is demoralising.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Katchoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 this morning, and has been 5.x for a week now. Looks like I'm finally getting to grips with my fasting level. Yay!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
After getting 2 readings in the 5s last weekend they've been climbing through the 6s and this morning was 7.2 :banghead:

I've been getting over a cold and managed to miss lunch yesterday (and ate more at dinner, still fairly low-carb), but hope it reverses again soon! Preprandials are steady in the mid 5s.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
8.9 at 8am. Went for a moderate 40 minute walk. 9am it's 8.1. Why so high!? Very disappointing.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7. It was this high because I decided '1' roast potato wouldn't do any harm. The next 5 certainly did.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After getting 2 readings in the 5s last weekend they've been climbing through the 6s and this morning was 7.2 :banghead:

I've been getting over a cold and managed to miss lunch yesterday (and ate more at dinner, still fairly low-carb), but hope it reverses again soon! Preprandials are steady in the mid 5s.

Life rarely follows the script sanguine........

Stick with it. This is the long game, and stressing over the odd out-lyer won't help. (I can do it all the time, so this is a classic, "Do as I say, not as I do" scenario. :oops:)

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have run out of strips! I ordered some that were due to arrive by 1st class post yesterday. Not arrived yet. :mad:

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Ate very late in the evening and had a tandoori roti because I wanted to see how I coped with it. I also forgot to take the metformin with my meal. I went to 6.8 after 2 hours at 11 pm. Down to 5.9 an hour later, before going to bed. Didn't like the high reading but happy with this morning, given the carbs I had eaten.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@peacetrain 6.8 is ok. My fasting this morning was 5.1

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
6.1 this morning after weeks in the 7's - hope this is the start of a downward trend.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
7.1 yesterday, now 5.3 again - I know, weekend, lie-in, less stress ...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me.

I was 3.9 and 3.8 respectively pre and post yesterday evening, so a little sleeping liver action in play here. It's good to know it keeps on giving. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.