Happy Litha, what's on yout picnic plate?

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I would have salad and corned beef and coronation chicken. Coronation chicken has made low carbing easier .

I would have greek yoghurt , raspberries and wall nuts. Can't believe I ve jusy written that because if you d asked me a year ago it would have been sandwiches cake and crisps :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there still time then for latecomers? Or are you all sated now and drunk on snorted mead, dancing (in the nude) around a midsummer bonfire?

I'll bring a midnight feast with more chicken thighs with soured cream, chives, celery, apple & walnuts, smoked salmon & soft goats cheese rolls, mixed herby leaf salad, courgette, parmesan & walnut muffins, olives, strawberries & clotted cream with home made almond shortcake, and home made lemonade.

Robbity

PS And maybe we need some citronella candles to keep away the midges?

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there still time then for latecomers? Or are you all sated now and drunk on snorted mead, dancing (in the nude) around a midsummer bonfire?

I'll bring a midnight feast with more chicken thighs with soured cream, chives, celery, apple & walnuts, smoked salmon & soft goats cheese rolls, mixed herby leaf salad, courgette, parmesan & walnut muffins, olives, strawberries & clotted cream with home made almond shortcake, and home made lemonade.

Robbity

Nude ??? :eek: This far north ??:eek::eek: With midges the size of Messerschmitzz , err Messerschmidts,, messersmiths (buggrit!) Spitfires ??:eek::eek:

Nay, nay, a thousand times nay!

Signy

Reactions: 3 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Ha! I'm forever the designated driver, it seems ;)
I tend to be the designated decoy:cool:, given that I'm a bit unsteady on my feet (due the effects of the bleed stroke:grumpy:),after sitting for a while (but once I'm up I can walk for miles!):happy::happy:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!

Robbity

Please can I share your picnic? I'll bring homemade cheesecake, a cheese board, wine, peanuts, dip, crudités, prawns and garlic mayo! Yum!

Reactions: 5 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh for your prawns and cheesecake, I'd sell you my soul as well!

Robbity

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Robbity

I m hungry now ...you can keep the olives though ...yuck

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Nude ??? :eek: This far north ??:eek::eek: With midges the size of Messerschmitzz , err Messerschmidts,, messersmiths (buggrit!) Spitfires ??:eek::eek:

Nay, nay, a thousand times nay!

Signy

Haha we had to put the chiminea on to fight them off tonight

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... I'm a bit unsteady on my feet (due the effects of the bleed stroke:grumpy:),after sitting for a while (but once I'm up I can walk for miles!):happy::happy:
Sorry to hear about your stroke, but it doesn't sound as though you're letting it stop you!

My problem is getting up once I'm grounded - my blasted knees don't have that "get up from the floor" movement in their repertoire any longer...:(:(

Robbity

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I m hungry now ...you can keep the olives though ...yuck

Well too bad as I wasn't aiming to share them with you!! :yuck::yuck: But I'm hungry too now and am late for my supper...and I think from the time we'll have to wait now for more picnic nosh till same time next year!:(

Robbity

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Well too bad as I wasn't aiming to share them with you!! :yuck::yuck: But I'm hungry too now and am late for my supper...and I think from the time we'll have to wait now for more picnic nosh till same time next year!:(

Robbity

I keep trying them because I want to like them but alas I don't.

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR

Robbity

Not in the nude dear, not a pretty sight thesedays. Love your new avatar Robbity. xx

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
If its going on for a while, can someone please bring (and play) a guitar so that we can sit around the fire and sing silly songs. Nothing quite like a singsong outside after dusk.

K

Kat100

Robbity

The short cake please, but I am keeping my clothes on.....:)

K

Kat100

I tend to be the designated decoy:cool:, given that I'm a bit unsteady on my feet (due the effects of the bleed stroke:grumpy:),after sitting for a while (but once I'm up I can walk for miles!):happy::happy:
Fergus sorry to hear about your stroke ....best wishes Kat

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Will there be a camp fire or any entertainment ????
YES
Happy Litha Avocado and welcome to the picnic. Unfortunately, I won't be sitting near you, 'cos I can't have / don't like any of what's on your plate........ on the other hand, that means I won't be tempted to pinch anything off your plate so,... I will sit beside you if you don't mind, and can I stroke your *****? :playful: xx
Maybe you could stroke the ***** as well:cat:

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Im on diet, but could I join the picnic and watch the entertainment ?

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
New Day,
As I've not been invited yet can I bring a Boar on a Platter, and a Partridge in a pear tree so I don't come empty handed ?:singing: