Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Small bowl of porridge

Livlife bacon sandwiches
Snacked on celery and tomatoes

Pickled mustard and pork soup
Bowl of ice cream (for good reason)

2 days before my flight / holiday and I've got a screaming sore throat, bunged up head and streaming & sore nose from constant blowing, what a start to my holiday!! :(
The thought of 4 weeks off work is keeping me going tho.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Small bowl of porridge

Livlife bacon sandwiches
Snacked on celery and tomatoes

Pickled mustard and pork soup
Bowl of ice cream (for good reason)

2 days before my flight / holiday and I've got a screaming sore throat, bunged up head and streaming & sore nose from constant blowing, what a start to my holiday!! :(
The thought of 4 weeks off work is keeping me going tho.

Get well very soon, Weirdy :nurse:

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast: Wensleydale and spring onion omelette (favourite omelette so far)

Lunch: cheddar. Walnuts. Fennel tea

Dinner: 2 cauldron sausages, bit of bistro gravy, cauliflower, fine beans, mange tout

Pud: rhubarb and berry crumble with double cream

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm back on track but appetite has vanished since KFC overload....

Bacon and scrambled eggs
Lettuce wrapped doner kebab
Jelly, strawb, cream
Pork scratchings.

Not enough water

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So home again.
Breakfast bacon, 1 scrambled egg
Lunch ham, turkey and salad
Dinner chicken , coleslaw, salad

Loads of water

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast: Wensleydale and spring onion omelette.

Lunch: cheddar. Walnuts. Fennel tea.

Dinner: aubergine pizzas. 85% chocolate.

@cold ethyl are you melting in the heat too? :dead:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Wensleydale and spring onion omelette.

Lunch: cheddar. Walnuts. Fennel tea.

Dinner: aubergine pizzas. 85% chocolate.

@cold ethyl are you melting in the heat too? :dead:

I was when I was away in Dorset- really struggled to get BS down. It's hot here in Cumbria but nowhere near as humid, thankfully. Hoping the gallons of water will help shift my bloated feeling.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I was when I was away in Dorset- really struggled to get BS down. It's hot here in Cumbria but nowhere near as humid, thankfully. Hoping the gallons of water will help shift my bloated feeling.
I am finding my bg is a bit higher too in the heat. Trying to ignore it as fretting will only make it even higher.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thx @ AV.
Went to the docs today and basically was told you've got a cold, man up and ride it out

Bfast Small porridge

Lunch bacon and fried egg sandwich on livlife

Dinner Som Tam ( see if some chilli heat can knock it out of me)
Last nut ball :(
Will no doubt be posting pics soon of my tasty meals to come

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am finding my bg is a bit higher too in the heat. Trying to ignore it as fretting will only make it even higher.

I know. Felt myself getting really anxious at weekend about it which I'm sure notched it up even more. It has been better today so hoping that being back on home turf will help as at least I know what I am putting in mouth rather than guessing if it is ok.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thx @ AV.
Went to the docs today and basically was told you've got a cold, man up and ride it out

Bfast Small porridge

Lunch bacon and fried egg sandwich on livlife

Dinner Som Tam ( see if some chilli heat can knock it out of me)
Last nut ball :(
Will no doubt be posting pics soon of my tasty meals to come

You won't be needing nut balls where you're going. Chin up.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie: 500mls green smoothie (we've been frantically emptying the freezer to make room for the next BARF dog/cat food delivery. The little monsters have more than half of an under-the-counter freezer to themselves.

Snack: 2 squares dark choc (used to have 4) and have naturally cut down to 2!!! Do you think I am ill?

Lunch: pork scratchings and Gouda

Dinner: beef and tomato stew, roast med veg, strawberries and cream.

Am very full. Ironically, the lower my carbs, the less I seem to want to eat o_O

Edited to add this:
Carbs - 25g
Cals - 2017
Fats - 150g
Protein - 72g

Last edited by a moderator:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I may have just had one posh cheese and onion crisp. I don't plan on testing.Rebel.

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Help: I've been getting a lot of low results at 4.0-4.2s for the past week not sure if it's okay to have low blood sugars the entire time (?)---and did a bit of splurging today what is the ideal blood sugar is it at 4.8-5?

Brekkie: home made low carb bread 2 pcs flax seed and almond flour) and omelette

Snack: hard boiled egg

Lunch: work appointment

Snack:
hotdog on a bun with lots of mustard

Big Dinner: 2 pc pork chops
Big plate of Stir fry zucchini with chicken
Homemade low carb bread
Squid calamari

BG at 4.7 the next day

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Adelle0607 - ignoring the number, how do you feel in the low 4s? That's the important thing.

I rarely see 5s, and if I do it's a very low 5, at any time, including after food. My 7, 14, 30 and 90 day averages are 4.1. (Yes, they're all the same, which is a bit spooky!). With those averages, as you would expect, I have lots of scores in the 3s, and I feel absolutely fine. If I hadn't tested, I would have no idea I was low. There have been a small handful of exceptions when I have felt somewhat "empty", and I was. I was about to eat. But, I was also 3.0.

T2s can have hypos, I just don't seem to be impacted, and I'm hoping my body is able to cope with the lower scores like a non-diabetic person, these days.

If you feel fine with your low scores, just keep doing as you are. If you feel rough, then have something to eat or drink when you feel low, just to nudge the number up a bit. If you do, I would urge you to think about what you eat or drink. I know the traditional treatment for a hypo is jelly babies or fruit juice/Lucozade, but to be honest, as a T2 with remaining insulin function, that seems like a sledge hammer approach, and is likely to lead to a big rebound to high numbers. Perhaps a cup of tea with milk, or one biscuit? I don't know what you might fancy.

Generally speaking, don't be afraid of fairly low numbers. Non-diabetics can have them frequently without even noticing.

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Adelle0607 - ignoring the number, how do you feel in the low 4s? That's the important thing.

I rarely see 5s, and if I do it's a very low 5, at any time, including after food. My 7, 14, 30 and 90 day averages are 4.1. (Yes, they're all the same, which is a bit spooky!). With those averages, as you would expect, I have lots of scores in the 3s, and I feel absolutely fine. If I hadn't tested, I would have no idea I was low. There have been a small handful of exceptions when I have felt somewhat "empty", and I was. I was about to eat. But, I was also 3.0.

T2s can have hypos, I just don't seem to be impacted, and I'm hoping my body is able to cope with the lower scores like a non-diabetic person, these days.

If you feel fine with your low scores, just keep doing as you are. If you feel rough, then have something to eat or drink when you feel low, just to nudge the number up a bit. If you do, I would urge you to think about what you eat or drink. I know the traditional treatment for a hypo is jelly babies or fruit juice/Lucozade, but to be honest, as a T2 with remaining insulin function, that seems like a sledge hammer approach, and is likely to lead to a big rebound to high numbers. Perhaps a cup of tea with milk, or one biscuit? I don't know what you might fancy.

Generally speaking, don't be afraid of fairly low numbers. Non-diabetics can have them frequently without even noticing.

Thank you for the reply @AndBreathe.
The strange thing is, the numbers that I get when I feel "perfectly fine" or "at my best" is when I'm at 7 or an 8. I feel so much better, have loads of energy and I'm good at accomplishing things and have more focus. A piece of chocolate cake and I'm happy. That said, I may not have the best judgment when it comes to having an inkling on my blood sugar levels without using a meter. But at 4, yes I do feel okay and have no symptoms of hypoglycemia. Just got scared that I'm getting a lot of low ones, not sure if it's a good idea to have figures that are on the lower side of the spectrum :) sometimes I also get 3.5-3.8 and try to catch up by eating more. But generally with the low carb diet, my blood sugar is at a constant 4.0-4.2, just like your figures Andbreathe. :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Adelle0607 - if you feel you are starving yourself, then you probably have scope, blood wise, to eat a bit more. If you're not (inadvertently or deliberately) starving yourself and your not trying to lose weight, then it's a bit of a fine line as I'm sure you would prefer not to be in a weight gaining situation either.

It seems some of us can just get our numbers low. Why us? Maybe we caught our disease early? Maybe we lost any excess poundage and reduced our insulin resistance? Or some other reason. But, this evening, I was 3.7 before dinner. After Nigella's Pantry Paella, including the arborio rice, I am 3.8. I have just done my 2 hour test. I've had this many times (I love it), and over time, I have begun springing back to virtually pre-meal levels more and more quickly. I don't always test after these days as its now a trusted meal.

If you are still taking Metformin, it might be worth asking to review the dosage if you would prefer to run a little higher, or to encourage your body to do even more of the work itself.

Good luck with it all. It's all a great big puzzle.

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
One thing I would like to ask all you experienced guys on the forum ..... when I feel 'hypo', as in fuzzy/lightheaded and nauseous, my blood readings are always higher, as opposed to lower. My dietitian says its the 'liver dump' thing happening .... so how can I ever get my lowest sugar readings for my endo? Maybe I should test an hour after eating as opposed to 2? They usually go up higher (in the 7's) when I've not eaten for 3 or 4 hours. I dunno, it's all too hard!

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Adelle0607 - if you feel you are starving yourself, then you probably have scope, blood wise, to eat a bit more. If you're not (inadvertently or deliberately) starving yourself and your not trying to lose weight, then it's a bit of a fine line as I'm sure you would prefer not to be in a weight gaining situation either.

It seems some of us can just get our numbers low. Why us? Maybe we caught our disease early? Maybe we lost any excess poundage and reduced our insulin resistance? Or some other reason. But, this evening, I was 3.7 before dinner. After Nigella's Pantry Paella, including the arborio rice, I am 3.8. I have just done my 2 hour test. I've had this many times (I love it), and over time, I have begun springing back to virtually pre-meal levels more and more quickly. I don't always test after these days as its now a trusted meal.

If you are still taking Metformin, it might be worth asking to review the dosage if you would prefer to run a little higher, or to encourage your body to do even more of the work itself.

Good luck with it all. It's all a great big puzzle.

Mmm..paella :) sounds yummy! @AndBreathe, Great that you've kept your levels to pre meal numbers. for me, rice would spike me at 7 to 8 (good ol' sugar rush)and would tend to hover on that range for a bit but when I do a 20 min walk (not high intensity) it goes back down to 4. @sanguine suggested this too and I think it's a good idea. Nevertheless, the constant number is on the 4s (bedtime, midday, late afternoons). No I feel full after meals, just missing the "sugar high"...metformin, the docs told me i can stop once blood sugar is okay.
Yes I agree it's one big puzzle!
Thanks @AndBreathe...:) was a bit worried when I'm dropping lower than expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.