BG meter

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
I along with many other on this forum was refused a meter and strips, so brought my own and tested.

2 months down the line my DN gave me a call to see if I had made an appointment with the local group for diabetes and neutrion, I mentioned no but I had gone on a diet and had been testing on a regular basis, told her about the weight I had lost and the BG reading I was getting, she agreed to get me test strips in prescription.

The pharmacist could not get code free strips but suggested I call Roche who supply Acuvu, called them today and the immediately agreed to supply the aviva FREE OF CHARGE.

just thought this might be of interest to others.

Happy finger stabbing.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I along with many other on this forum was refused a meter and strips, so brought my own and tested.

2 months down the line my DN gave me a call to see if I had made an appointment with the local group for diabetes and neutrion, I mentioned no but I had gone on a diet and had been testing on a regular basis, told her about the weight I had lost and the BG reading I was getting, she agreed to get me test strips in prescription.

The pharmacist could not get code free strips but suggested I call Roche who supply Acuvu, called them today and the immediately agreed to supply the aviva FREE OF CHARGE.

just thought this might be of interest to others.

Happy finger stabbing.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Manufacturers will generally supply the meter free of charge as they make their money on the continued supply of testing strips.

jim

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Nice result John. As Jim says, most will supply a meter free as the profits are in the test strips. You can also get yourself a spare meter, in case you lose yours or it breaks.