Sporty Forty.e t

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so all I've managed to day was a 7 min walk and a 3 min walk.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pesky school kids. This is why teachers should get paid more. They annoy you for 13 weeks a year. Imagine what it's like for a teacher who has 30 of the buggers for 5 hours a day!
Nice try Scandichic, but we know how easy you have it. All those holidays. And what about the grateful kiddies bringing you end of term pressies?

Noooo, didn't mean it , honest, Scandi. Just beware if any do give you pressies. Get rid of any chocs before they undo all your good work.

To Scandichic and all teachers, enjoy your hols. Wouldn't have your job for any amount!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back still giving hassle, and 4 hours driving didn't help - neither does the ibuprofen so far. One thing I can manage is climbing stairs, so since I'm at our office it's back to the 11 floors of climbing again! Also done a couple of 10 minute walks to and from dinner.
Well done @sanguine . Hard to keep going with back pain. The stair climbing is impressive.

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
so all I've managed to day was a 7 min walk and a 3 min walk.
Ok, so you could have said, "I have completed a total of ten minutes walking today, and I am very proud of that since I didn't feel up to doing any walking at all. So I am rather good really and tomorrow will be even better ".

(Or "I could have lied about it, but didn't, coz I am zand and I am honest").

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, so you could have said, "I have completed a total of ten minutes walking today, and I am very proud of that since I didn't feel up to doing any walking at all. So I am rather good really and tomorrow will be even better ".

(Or "I could have lied about it, but didn't, coz I am zand and I am honest").
Yeh...today I am actually very proud of it, and tomorrow will be better.

Reactions: 2 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Um, I haven't actually done any exercise today........So I'm sneaking away right now......

Oi missus,
How about a 10 second plank to make up for it tomorrow?;)

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A whole day of tourist stuff in my home town. Much walking, with many rests on convenient seats. Not sure how I managed this but also climbed and descended a lot of stairs. Must be mad in the heat, but occasionally I get a day when I can do something like this and I grab it.

Very sore now but happy. Probably feel it tomorrow and the next few days, so I will be in the swimming pool as much as I can before it gets filled with kids off school.
Great day @Pipp!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Those planks look wicked. Can't imagine anyone choosing to do them voluntarily

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
15 mins on bike , then 1/2 hr racing round Asda. Back home to a couple of hours limewashing gable end( only to head height as I am not getting up scaffolding) then backwards and forwards with buckets of water to wet down hessian that helps slow curing down. I ache all over now.
Wow cold ethyl, sounds like you're getting to see all sorts of results with your exercise!:)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers @Bebo321 . It was good, I am feeling it now, and so hot probably won't sleep much. Not often I manage to get out like that, and significant other is so patient, often won't do things or go places if I can't. It was worth the discomfort to spend such a fun time together.

Sorry @Bebo321 , so self absorbed, forgot to ask how you are doing?

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Those planks look wicked. Can't imagine anyone choosing to do them voluntarily

They're not voluntary, we get guilted into doing them 'cos they're supposed to be good for you - only @sanguine has already put his back out, and @zand has lost the will to do more than 10 minute walking. I've got a cricked neck from hedge trimming, so I will have to rest my head on a cushion when I do mine tomorrow.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will think of you all while I float along in the tranquility of the swimming pool.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Two lots of dog walks - not a great day folks. I did manage a 35 second plank, and also did 10 burpees (are they called that because they can make you prone to flatulence?)
I now have a cricked neck from doing some over-zealous hedge trimming yesterday. I am hoping that a good night's sleep will work wonders. If not I shall mostly be walking around looking like Herman Munster tomorrow!:mask:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They're not voluntary, we get guilted into doing them 'cos they're supposed to be good for you - only @sanguine has already put his back out, and @zand has lost the will to do more than 10 minute walking. I've got a cricked neck from hedge trimming, so I will have to rest my head on a cushion when I do mine tomorrow.
I can't blame the plank for losing my will to walk for more than 10 minutes, that's down to me losing control of my BG's and the fact that it's far too hot and humid for me, I never did like hot/humid weather even as a kid, so that's my excuse.....

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

I'm not sure it was the planking, but I'm not doing it again until it's improved (seems better this evening in fact, I'll pop another couple of ibuprofen before I go to bed and see how it is in the morning).

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't blame the plank for losing my will to walk for more than 10 minutes, that's down to me losing control of my BG's and the fact that it's far too hot and humid for me, I never did like hot/humid weather even as a kid, so that's my excuse.....
Not an excuse, a valid reason.
With you on the hot weather @zand . Why do people descibe it as 'glorious'. It makes people cross and smelly!

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

I've got the perfect exercise! Fill two large bottles of water and leave to chill in the fridge. After approximately one hour return to said fridge, thrust wide the door, take a bottle in each hand and lift in an upward motion. Repeat for as many times as you are able.:p:joyful:X

Reactions: 4 people