If fasting is high than post meal!! What are the advises to keep it low!!!

Faithhope

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

This site has been so helpful and i guess for newbie like me ofcourse as we have so many questions around head..

As i have noticed since i was on monitoring; my fasting is high than post meal but when diagnosed post meal went higher and then they said i have T2..

I am wondering if you guys can suggest me how to bring BG low for fasting.. I had 8 when i was diagnosed that on june 26..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do not eat or drink anything with sugar in it and that includes fizzy drinks. Do not eat anything made from flour so no bread, cakes or biscuits. Some prepared foods have rusk or potato starch mixed in as bulking agents so be very careful with those.

If you get a high +2 hour reading then study the meal you have eaten, identify the problem and don't do it next time.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lower fasting by diet, metformin.
Google dawn phenomenon and insulin resistance

Faithhope

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Squire fulwood and Jack.. Yes these days I am in daily walk/ jog every morning and LCHF diet but not completely avoided bread so having multigrain bread one on breakfast and one on lunch!! Thats should be 25g of carb altogether.. I have next test on sept and Need to see how i went!!! Thanks...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Lots of reasons why fasting can be the last BG to drop - Jenny Ruhl is good on this.

Also read the 'what was your fasting level this morning' thread for lots of individual stories and experiences.