Can this be related to diabetes? Women only please.

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
For 4 months now I've had bleeding between y periods. I'm 35 and have always had regular periods on the dot and no bleeding between. Now I've had 4 months of it. It's not heavy just sometimes there when I wipe. It's back again today and I only finished my period last week! Its always been the brown old blood kind but today it's the fresh red blood.

Could this be because of the diabetes?

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly it could be diabetes related but it could also be something much more sinister, Get it checked at earliest opportunity.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no idea if it has any relation to diabetes - but I think you should get it checked out as soon as possible. It isn't worth hoping it will go away as it hasn't done so far. be kind to yourself and see your doctor.

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no idea if it has any relation to diabetes - but I think you should get it checked out as soon as possible. It isn't worth hoping it will go away as it hasn't done so far. be kind to yourself and see your doctor.
I mentioned it to him last Friday and he just said it's all related. Maybe it's my liver problem

C

chris lowe

I would ask for a second opinion. It's no good saying "it's related" you need to know how and why and if it is a liver problem then you need to know what the problem is.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For 4 months now I've had bleeding between y periods. I'm 35 and have always had regular periods on the dot and no bleeding between. Now I've had 4 months of it. It's not heavy just sometimes there when I wipe. It's back again today and I only finished my period last week! Its always been the brown old blood kind but today it's the fresh red blood.

Ahhh,
Hang on a second, didn't you say you had been feeling hot all of the time?
Try googling peri-menopause. It would be early to start at 35, but it can happen.
Worth speaking to the doc about, just to get that checked out.

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahhh,
Hang on a second, didn't you say you had been feeling hot all of the time?
Try googling peri-menopause. It would be early to start at 35, but it can happen.
Worth speaking to the doc about, just to get that checked out.
Yeah I have been but I'm only 35

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are there any women doctors at your surgery that you could see instead, you might get more sense and support (and even sympathy) from them?

It's a pity that male doctors can't be put into a woman's body for part of their training... :nurse:

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
It's a pity that male doctors can't be put into a woman's body for part of their training... :nurse:

Robbity
And ALL doctors into a diabetic's (T1,T2 and T1.5!) body for a few months, as part of their training.

Anie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah I have been but I'm only 35
I was only 36 when I started having a few problems, the did a blood test and told me I was starting to go through early menopause. That was 20+ years ago. Go back ask questions, you shouldn't have been told that it was related, you can't live like this!

jenni ms

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
tomatoes

hi there ,dont want to alarm you but have you thought of polycystic ovarian syndrome. you mentioned bleeding like that ,that was my symptoms years ago just before being diagnosed as diabetic ,unfortunatley they go hand in hand so to speak and do react well to metformin in high dosage ,ask doctor or a trained diabetes nurse for checks to rule one way or another .hope not to scare munger you but i was 33 when i was diagnosed

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
Please, definitely go and see a different doctor - a woman one. They have far better understanding.

Whilst in my mid thirties I had exactly the same symptoms as you have described. I plucked up enough courage after 1.5 years to go the doctor and discuss - described the problems and she referred me straight away to the hospital.

The hospital I went to used a teeny fibre optic camera and had a look inside and found a polyp lurking in a fallopian tube.
They booked me back in as day patient two weeks later for a General Anaesthetic and extracted it. (Consultant sounded disappointed when she described as no bigger than a small fingernail!). I had no problems recovering from the op itself - very small amount of "period pain" for a couple of hours - I had more trouble recovering from the GA - that took me 3 days to get over. (But I smoked then as well)
I have had no re-occurance of either the bleeding since and this was some 8 years ago.

Please go and get it checked - most of the time it may be something minor/mild that is easier dealt with now.

I have also found that over the years leaving illness such as things like this or things like dodgy teeth unresolved have a draining effect on your health - low level, very subtle but draining none the less.

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and advising me. I'm gonna go back and ask about it. It's been 4 months of this now and like you all said I can't carry on like this. I hope to god it's not something else on top of everything I've been told in the past two weeks.

A

AnnieC

Good advice from anteater always better to see a lady doctor when it is a female problem She is right you could have a polyp they are very common I have one myself and went to see the doctor because of slight bleeding I am 75 so knew it was not right My doctor examined me and said she could see it but that there could be some more further up I have to have an ultra sound scan to see if I have any more then see a gynaecologist to see if it or they need to be removed .My daughter had them as well and they just cauterised hers but they were not very far up

Last edited:

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Good advice from anteater always better to see a lady doctor when it is a female problem She is right you could have a polyp they are very common I have one myself and went to see the doctor because of slight bleeding I am 75 so knew it was not right My doctor examined me and said she could see it but that there could be some more further up I have to have an ultra sound scan to see if I have any more then see a gynaecologist to see if it or they need to be removed.
Oh yes I won't be booking to see my normal doctor, I never do with lady problems. I would be too embarrassed to let him examine me.

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you guys have proper full on bleeding between your periods? Mine is just when I go to the toilet and wipe it's a bit on the tissue a few times a day

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you had a urine test as part of your diabetes tests? Could it be in your urine? Just a thought, and please don't panic. I'm no doctor.
As a PS I was only 40 when I had the menopause.

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you had a urine test as part of your diabetes tests? Could it be in your urine? Just a thought, and please don't panic. I'm no doctor.
As a PS I was only 40 when I had the menopause.
The nurse gave me a pot to bring a urine test with me at my next appointment