Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Things do seem to be improving slowly, In April my HBA1C had increased from 59 (which the nurse seemed happy with) to 71 (which she wasn't happy with) and that was when my Metformin was upped. I will be seeing her next week for a follow up and have already had the bloods taken, for the first time I wanted to know what the results were, so rang the surgery but all the receptionist could tell me was it was now classed as 'good', I have to wait to see the nurse to get the actual figure.

I have accepted that this is something I am in for the long haul so I am sure the Blood Sugars will go down in a few months. By my estimate 71 works out at an average BS of about 11 so as they have rarely been going into double figures these past few weeks, only after the odd meal that spiked me for no obvious reason,

I also have to take my blood pressure for a week or so at home before I see the nurse and it is looking like that has dropped about 10 points on both the upper and lower figure.

Reactions: 2 people

Jerri

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 this morning. Not recorded it the last few days as I was in hospital and they were doing it. I never asked them what the readings were.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jerri

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks bluetit. I wasn't in for the diabetes. I had a large kidney stone and needed some extra Iain relief. I've passed it now so much better for now

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice readings there, but it was a no carb meal! Did you do a test on arriving home before you ate? It was a good opportunity to see what your liver dump was.
Oops....yes i did bluetit, i had been a decent walk around town too before i got back home and was 5.9 so gone up slightly which i guess was my liver starting to dump as no fuel!!

Reactions: 2 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
First out of bed reading 5.7 , going to bed 6.1
Don't know if this is good or bad.
Diagnosed 9.5 with bloods at doctors
All reading since I got a meter between 5.5 & 7.2

Reactions: 3 people

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.5 this morning, so finally back in the 6s. I also had my best post meal reading at 6.6 2 hours after a meal of lamb steaks, new potatoes and a load of veg (carrots and baby onions out of the garden included) It had been 5.1 before the meal.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.4 this morning (!). Sequence started badly after preprandial of 6.2 last night (weather, stress?), +2 of 7.1 and bedtime of 7.3. Probably not enough sleep didn't help either.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning- would have preferred 5.3 again but warm night tossing and turning maybe a factor!

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 at bedtime
5.9 this morning

The humidity and heat is having an effect on my levels partly because it is too hot to walk far.

Reactions: 8 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me today, so nicely in range. I was 3.7 and 3.8 pre and post prandially last night, so a teenie, tiny notch up over night. This is feeding my hypothesis, but I'll prove or discount it in a couple of weeks, once in UK and over the inevitable jet lag.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tested my pre-lunch meal today. It was a massive 6.9. Re-tested at 6.2. (normally 5.5, haven't been in the 6's for a long time)

This is a massive rise for me considering I started the day at 5.9 (also high) and because I was slightly late with breakfast I only had half my usual portion of yogurt and berries. I had my usual 20 minute walk. Nothing else different.

Please tell me this is the heat.

EDIT still 6.3 at +3 hours after a salmon salad!

Last edited by a moderator:

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I say it's the heat titty x

Mines been up - partly due to bad choices on the go and the heat.

Today was up to 6.3 but I was late to test so not too concerned.

Starting again tomorrow x

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.