Sporty Forty.e t

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Gl
I'm not sure it was the planking, but I'm not doing it again until it's improved (seems better this evening in fact, I'll pop another couple of ibuprofen before I go to bed and see how it is in the morning).
Glad it's improving sanguine.
Voltarol cream works well (just in case you haven't tried it). Bx

Reactions: 2 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....not sure if I could manage eleven flights of stairs even when my back's ok, sanguine...would probably be found prone halfway up and calling breathlessy for a taxi lol...:rolleyes:

....long walk yesterday while it wasn't too hot but not much sleep as it definitely was too hot by then...:oops:

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Gl

Glad it's improving sanguine.
Voltarol cream works well (just in case you haven't tried it). Bx

Thanks Bebo

I did try voltarol on Monday but it didn't seem to do much. Best for me was to keep standing up and walk around (so it didn't hurt when I was climbing stairs, just when I got up after sitting for a while).

A lot better this morning thankfully but still a bit of a twinge and still taking the ibuprofen.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An hour of aquafit, followed by 15 mins swimming today.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
In the office all day, climbed the 11 floors twice. Not risking any planking yet!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1/2 hour water spraying and bucket carrying to the wall of doom as I now call it- going to be a long summer. Off to do a bit on bike now it's cooler - hoping my dodgy shoulder stands up to it as it is screaming at me today.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
1/2 hour water spraying and bucket carrying to the wall of doom as I now call it- going to be a long summer. Off to do a bit on bike now it's cooler - hoping my dodgy shoulder stands up to it as it is screaming at me today.
Well done cold ethyl,
You'll be able to bask in the glory of all your hard work in no time.:)

Reactions: 3 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dog walking followed by 30mins of splashing about in the pool, pretending to do some serious swimming. On the plus side I did master a pretty speedy doggy paddle. Good grief I sound like a ten year old!:facepalm:

Reactions: 4 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....45 minute walk at the usual time now I'm back at work and ten minutes, almost, of the bodyblade this evening now its cooler, hadn't done that for a little while, was the mention of it on here that made me think I should start it again, will try and do it every day as well as the walking...

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Dog walking followed by 30mins of splashing about in the pool, pretending to do some serious swimming. On the plus side I did master a pretty speedy doggy paddle. Good grief I sound like a ten year old!:facepalm:

...how d'you think I feel when I mention skipping!!!!!!! :oops:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I am doing it easy by comparison to some of you guys.
Don't know how you keep going with pain and the hot weather.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hurrah, another swimmer!