am i type 2?

Dean83

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone i have been reading these forums since i was diagnosed type 2 a year ago u guys have actually really helped me but now i thought i would write in as i feel abit fed up. So a year ago i was over13 stone and had a terrible diet i drank lots on a friday night and ate a few takeaways a week but i was into bodybuilding so i wanted to bulk up and looked very stocky, then these horrible symptoms started i couldnt stop going to the toilet and became very thirsty so i went to the docs they tested me for diabetes i was on 18 mmol/l, i then had a hba1c test and i was 9.5% i was in pieces. So i started reading these forums for diet advice after 3 months i had my next hba1c which was 7% but by this time i was really getting the hang of it so had another test 2 months later it was 6% everything seemed great andi felt so healthy. That was six months ago im now 11 stone and feel so thin i just cant put on any weight. Iv recently been on holiday and didnt test(i thought id enjoy myself) now im back this past week my numbers have crept up i wake up fine in the 5s but i had a chicken and bacon salad yesterday and 2 hours later i was on 8 i just cant get my head aroundthis. Do u guys think the heat might be affecting my levels as im sweltering at the moment or do u think i could be a lada and my diabetes is progressing(i am 31 years old). Sorry for boring everyone lol

C

catherinecherub

You are not boring anyone Dean, this is a support forum.

Heat does seem to be affecting a lot of us so that may be the cause. It also may be that your levels during your holiday, although not tested, may have been high and your body has to get back into your previous routine.

What did you have in the salad? Some dressings are not diabetic friendly.

I am sure others will come up with some suggestions.

Reactions: 2 people

Dean83

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, i actually had a salad and a packet of ready salted crisps but this is what i always have and its never been a problem the only difference was that i added real mayo for the first time because its pretty low carb. Its not just the lunch really i have overall been about a about a point or two higher recently and this is my first summer as a diabetic so im not sure if the heat is messing with me. To make matters worse my yearly review is next week and im dreading the numbers

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I reckon if you drop the crisps, keep the mayo and ride out the spell of hot weather, your levels will go back down. The heat is messing with my bg too. Are you still bodybuilding? The type of exercise you do can also affect levels.

If you are worried about LADA, there are tests that can be done. Someone else here will be able to advise you about this.

Reactions: 2 people

Dean83

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah i still do the weights but i injured my neck last week so iv not been able to do it. I do read what other poeple say about lada and i mentioned it to my diabetic nurse she never heard of it and just says im type 2 and that my levels are too good to be a type 1

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yeah i still do the weights but i injured my neck last week so iv not been able to do it. I do read what other poeple say about lada and i mentioned it to my diabetic nurse she never heard of it and just says im type 2 and that my levels are too good to be a type 1
If you are in pain, that won't be helping either.

Hopefully someone knowledgable like @Daibell will see your post and help you out with your LADA question.

Take care, Dean.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
Exercise can lower BGL. If you stopped for your injury, plus your holiday, that could have helped to raise your BGL.
The only way to tell if you are LADA, is to get your doctor to give you a GAD test, but it would be a lot more symptoms than you are showing, to get him to order one.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App