Type 1 from Scotland and having problems...

Wulliee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I'm Wullie (short for William) and live in Motherwell nr Glasgow. I'm 42 years old and work in the transport office for DHL.

I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was 35. I've had a few problems over the last 7 years but recently I find it's getting to me and effecting every day life as well as putting me in my current state of depression.

To cut a long story short, over the last 7 years I've lost over 6 stone. Being 6ft 3" I've never been overweight but I'm now barely 10 stone. My feet are currently on fire and I have absolutely no strength in my legs. I get mild pain across my chest on a regular basis too.

I've been in hospital a few times over the years but it's getting to the point that I feel no GP has a clue what I'm going through. Only last night I had to leave my work early cause I felt really dizzy and had zero strength even although I eat well and exercise regular (mainly about an hours walk daily). I'm pretty scared that I'm going to loose my job due to the time off I've had even although I've always had a good work ethic since I left school.

I just wish I could get the strength I had before and stop feeling like total ****. I look after myself and I've always done what I've been told to regarding insulin and medication etc...

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
G'Day mate, diabetes sucks and does get you down for periods. You wouldn't be normal if it didn't

It sounds like the feet are giving you grief, how is your BG levels? It must be hard not to just throw your hands up and just say stuff it, when BG plays up too

Wulliee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My levels are generally higher than they should be. Average anywhere between 7 - 14. Sometimes they've been stupidly high or really low. I just can't win sometimes.

I'm going to hospital tomorrow so going to ask about a pump. Not sure if I'd qualify but going to ask anyway.

Hopefully it will solve the lack of strength. Just worried about my feet more than anything. Well that and my job too of course.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

newbaby20

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

I'm Wullie (short for William) and live in Motherwell nr Glasgow. I'm 42 years old and work in the transport office for DHL.

I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was 35. I've had a few problems over the last 7 years but recently I find it's getting to me and effecting every day life as well as putting me in my current state of depression.

To cut a long story short, over the last 7 years I've lost over 6 stone. Being 6ft 3" I've never been overweight but I'm now barely 10 stone. My feet are currently on fire and I have absolutely no strength in my legs. I get mild pain across my chest on a regular basis too.

I've been in hospital a few times over the years but it's getting to the point that I feel no GP has a clue what I'm going through. Only last night I had to leave my work early cause I felt really dizzy and had zero strength even although I eat well and exercise regular (mainly about an hours walk daily). I'm pretty scared that I'm going to loose my job due to the time off I've had even although I've always had a good work ethic since I left school.

I just wish I could get the strength I had before and stop feeling like total ****. I look after myself and I've always done what I've been told to regarding insulin and medication etc...
Hi Wullie --I was in a dreadful state love I am 76yr old 77 in dec please don't despair I could not put a foot to the floor my feet were burning hot UNTIL I bought some TUMERIC POWDER FROM A STORE well I sent my daughter for it and HONESTLY do this A,S.A.P put mug in microwave wih milk 0n a fw mis till hot mix in a half teaspoon of turmeric when your milk is hot and stir! PLEASE PLEASE its NOT a horrible taste as I thought it wud be and do that as often as you can --at least MORNING--EVENG --BEFORE BED and HONESLTLY YOU WILL GET RID OF THOSE BURNING FEET ---READ UP ON TUMERIC LOVE good luck [et me know how you go it want take as long as any tablet xxl

newbaby20

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my advices it worked for me and I was in a BAD way look up on TUMERIC its a God send x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello Wulliee and welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear of your on going diabetes problems. Many members have said their pump is a godsend and has helped them with getting better control, but as I was told a pump is only as good as the user to get those BS at a good and stabilised level, my diabetes consultant also said it's not a quick fix. What are your eating habits? are you carb counting and do you eat a lot of carbs? bread, rice, pasta potatoes, chocolate, etc as these can spike a lot of people and then comes the crash down, a lot of low's ( a bit like a rollercoaster)Are you off to the hospital today? please tell them all of your symptoms, how you are feeling also the weight loss as there could be an underlying medical problem that might need investigating from your GP.
The forum is a good source of help and advice and members. are pretty supportive. Any advice regarding medicines/cures must be taken with caution as what works for one, may not be suitable for someone else.

I wish you well and I hope you can get to a good place with your diabetes :) sometimes it can be the smallest of adjustments that could turn it around for the better. Good luck.

' No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending'

Best wishes RRB

czj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Wullie. Welcome to the forum but sorry to hear things aren't going so well for you at the moment. We all have spells when things get us down and our diabetes has a mind of its own, so try and stick with it, things can get better again.

How did your hospital visit go on Friday? Were they able to give you any help that your GPs haven't?

Some good advice above, and people here will be happy to help if you stay in touch.