Anonymous Question Can I have a drink?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you the same person that has posted at least 7 anonymous questions, all with different scenarios, this morning?

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Are you the same person that has posted at least 7 anonymous questions, all with different scenarios, this morning?
The anonymous question account is set up so that we can post questions submitted by users, just anonymously. They're all from different people :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The anonymous question account is set up so that we can post questions submitted by users, just anonymously. They're all from different people :)

Trouble is Giverny, there's so little information to go on to write a reply, I mean are they type 1 or type 2 and how is their diabetes treated. TBH, I give up answering these threads as there is no feedback whatsoever.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Doesn't matter if T1, T2 or whatever, if someone wants to drink 5-6 points once a month, up to them. So, short answer, yes. It's not as good as drinking 2 pints every week but better than 5-6 pints every day :)

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Trouble is Giverny, there's so little information to go on to write a reply, I mean are they type 1 or type 2 and how is their diabetes treated. TBH, I give up answering these threads as there is no feedback whatsoever.
Due to the way the system works, there isn't any way of getting feedback from the users who submitted the questions in the first place. We're working hard to make it all a little more interactive and will hopefully have an improved anonymous posting feature in the very near future.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Doesn't matter if T1, T2 or whatever, if someone wants to drink 5-6 points once a month, up to them. So, short answer, yes. It's not as good as drinking 2 pints every week but better than 5-6 pints every day :)

Not necessarily so Mo, if they are type 2 and diet controlled they may not want to drink 5 or 6 pints of lager (especially in one go) as it will effect bg levels, for a type 1 on insulin there wouldn't be a problem.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Due to the way the system works, there isn't any way of getting feedback from the users who submitted the questions in the first place. We're working hard to make it all a little more interactive and will hopefully have an improved anonymous posting feature in the very near future.

Thanks for the feedback Giverny. Hopefully when the changes are made more of these threads will get answered, appreciate some people want to remain anonymous but sometimes there's so little information to go on to write a reply.

Reactions: 3 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Not necessarily so Mo, if they are type 2 and diet controlled they may not want to drink 5 or 6 pints of lager (especially in one go) as it will effect bg levels, for a type 1 on insulin there wouldn't be a problem.
Well, the question was "can" we, not "should" we. There was no mention of BG levels either and even if they're bothered. As you say, not enough info to answer sufficiently. I still stick by my response though, if they want to drink, they can :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people