Breakfast when Low Carb

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been reading a lot of threads about Low Carb diets. Usually I would have toast or porridge for breakfast but of cou,rse these are carbs. What kind of things do other peopleeat for breakfast? Thanks for the help

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Boiled eggs, omelette, bacon and egg with mushrooms and tomatoes. Coconut flour pancakes with bacon and no sugar maple syrup. A leg of chicken. Homemade egg fu yung.

Reactions: 6 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you dawnmc. I am just starting today and I need to shop. I have some cooked ham and yoghurts which would be a start. I just didnt want to have toast as that just wouldnt be starting.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Plain Greek yoghurt with nuts, seed, berries. Just as quick as cereals if you're in a hurry.

Reactions: 4 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. Im getting the idea now lol my mind had gone blank and it couldnt get past toast and porridge. Ive had some ham. I must get organised

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Don't forget sardines, chicken/turkey strips , soya flakes and soya milk , protein powder , protein bread.

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are tinned sardines in sauce ok? How about mackerel? Where do you buy your protein bread? Thank you for your help

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Check the label in case the sauce has added sugar. Mackerel fried in butter would be great.

Reactions: 2 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Are tinned sardines in sauce ok? How about mackerel? Where do you buy your protein bread? Thank you for your help

No not in sauce , just plain in olive oil is my preference. I eat mackerel (peppered) for lunch , couldn't stomach it for breakfast :) Protein bread in Aldi, not sure if they sell it in the UK ALDI though.

Redbegonia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought that porridge made with soya milk and canderel would be ok for breakfast?

south711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Eggs and bacon with fried bread, include mushrooms, not a problem, got fedup with porridge , check before eating and 2 hours after,normally only a few rises, so eggs are good for you, and haddock, kippers, ok but does spike a bit higher, but comes down soon. I try most things for Breakfast always have a yoghourt plain, and then a black coffee.

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Thanks but is the fried bread good, I like the idea of smoked haddock
Hi,
if you want to go low carb to loose weight and control blood glucose, I find it really is good.
Look at the forums on LCHF9Low Carb High Fat) Diets etc and you will get the idea
Bread generally is not good for low carb

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Boiled eggs, omelette, bacon and egg with mushrooms and tomatoes. Coconut flour pancakes with bacon and no sugar maple syrup. A leg of chicken. Homemade egg fu yung.
Have you a recipe for pancakes made with coconut for me please, sounds great

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have posted it somewhere. But its basically a dessert spoon of coconut flour and almond flour, I also use the same of protein powder half a tsp of baking powder and an egg. Whisk all together. You can add some vanilla essence but I get the vanilla protein powder. Add some water or coconut/almond milk. Its quite a thick gloop. Heat the pan with butter, then drop a good tbsp in the pan. They don't take long to cook then turn, they are yummy, can be a bit dry but I slather them with butter and the zero carb maple syrup (lowcarbmegastore). Enjoy.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
i have greek youghut full fat few strawberrys and bit cake sprinkled on i makeand of course cinamon .. i start workat 6am so have to be fast for me x

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I'm finding breakfasts difficult.
Getting sick of yoghurt and nuts and don't have the time to be cooking.
Today I had the time so had a ham omelette with tinned toms and cheese with fried bread and bacon and a bullet proof coffee.
That was ten this morning and I haven't had the urge to eat since ... bloods at 6.0 before and 5.7 right now but ... breakfasts are a bit of a bind just now.
Wife spotted freshly baked muesli bread in Morrisons today ... ok do you think?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Have to keep reminding myself it's low carb not no carb.