Fed up of looking like we've been burgled

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I didn't know whether to post this under general or humour! It is the first day of the holidays and I am making my children tidy their hell hole of a room up. I have threatened to sell all toys and clothes which are knee deep on the floor unless they are picked up NOW! At the mo clothes are to go on the bed and toys are to be picked up. Last night they had fallen asleep watching a film and I could not get across their room to turn the TV off without the possibility of ending up in casualty! Hubbie just as bad! Bought 4 new bras a couple of weeks ago and I can only find 1! I can't get to my wardrobe either due to hubbies **** and assorted kid stuff on the floor! I am having a cup of coffee, a rant and a break!

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't worry. When your children are grown up with children of their own, your grandchildren will pay them back with a vengeance! Take this from one that knows.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you for sharing that with us.
Thanks for the tea and sympathy!
image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Don't worry. When your children are grown up with children of their own, your grandchildren will pay them back with a vengeance! Take this from one that knows.
Oh I hope so! I shall be the serene set granny ever! :hilarious:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, Scandi....there's only one thing worse than being only the tidy one in the house.......and that's being the only untidy one........Occasionally husband remarks on the fact that he can see carpet, then I know I've worked really hard that day. I just don't see the point of putting anything away if you are going to use it later......like in 2 minutes.....this is how my BG meter got tidied away for me....still haven't found it, so I'm having to use an old one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh dear, Scandi....there's only one thing worse than being only the tidy one in the house.......and that's being the only untidy one........Occasionally husband remarks on the fact that he can see carpet, then I know I've worked really hard that day. I just don't see the point of putting anything away if you are going to use it later......like in 2 minutes.....this is how my BG meter got tidied away for me....still haven't found it.
Can't find bs monitor, 3 bras or get to my wardrobe! I cleared the lounge up last Saturday and by Monday it looked as bad! The kitchen too! We are clearing up for my sanity. Or lack of it! They're coming to take me away, ha, ha, they're coming to take me away!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just don't like the house being tidy! I do like cupboards being tidy though.....if things are put away they have to be put away in the right place and in good state of repair ready for next use. To me a cupboard is a useful place to store something which you won't be using for a while. To hubby a cupboard is a place to hide things so the house looks tidier than it really is.....and that's why things get lost here!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Wait until they become teenagers :rolleyes:...........................it's even worse!!!!!!!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I just don't like the house being tidy! I do like cupboards being tidy though.....if things are put away they have to be put away in the right place and in good state of repair ready for next use. To me a cupboard is a useful place to store something which you won't be using for a while. To hubby a cupboard is a place to hide things so the house looks tidier than it really is.....and that's why things get lost here!
Getting more and more frustrated as we tidy as still can't find bras!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Scandi...when my boys were little we used to have a day of tidying then a day out. The tidying day was when they 'worked like stink' , or as they later called it 'stink-working day'. Happy days!

N

NicolaB70

You are not the only one whose kids bedroom looks like a nuclear explosion! I too, cannot walk into their room as there are clothes and toys everywhere. My youngest and middle son's share a room and my middle son said last night that he has emptied one of his drawers (hence some of the clothes on the floor) and put his xbox games in it instead. They couldn't understand why I was so mad. I've told both boys that their room has to be tidied by the end of the week, they looked at me as if I was mad or something. I usually go in there with a roll of sacks and blitz the room when it gets as bad as it is but every time I do that I tell them I'm not doing it anymore but always end up doing so.
I sympathise with you as I know exactly how you feel. I wouldn't mind but day 1 of holidays at 10.36 this morning I heard those 2 dreaded words "I'm bored" to which I replied "you can always make a start on your room", funny, he found something to do then!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Now that's a shame, I hope they turn up soon! OK, I'm going to tidy a bit now, you are making me feel guilty.
Found bras! Hubbie had put them in a bag for sisterinlaws! Bought new bras a couple of months ago but now too big! Think he must have dropped them when doing washing, saw them on the floor and thought that they belonged in the bag of stuff for sister in law as there are the bras from a few months ago in that bag. Now have full compliment! Ironic as only bit of tidying he's done! I can now find the lounge floor and see the work surfaces in the kitchen! I am determined that we are going to tidy up today whilst he's not in so that we can clean all day tomorrow! Though this might be ambitious! Need to go shopping as run out of food! At least I have a bra to wear now so I can leave the house! Lol!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am I really weird then?....I used to love school hols with my kids....6 weeks was just not long enough! Once one son had 9 weeks because a new school was being built. That was amazing! Yeh, it's me again isn't it?

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hate mess.... But I hate tidying..... And I hoard things I should really just check out/sell/give to charity. It's an awful catch 22!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You are not the only one whose kids bedroom looks like a nuclear explosion! I too, cannot walk into their room as there are clothes and toys everywhere. My youngest and middle son's share a room and my middle son said last night that he has emptied one of his drawers (hence some of the clothes on the floor) and put his xbox games in it instead. They couldn't understand why I was so mad. I've told both boys that their room has to be tidied by the end of the week, they looked at me as if I was mad or something. I usually go in there with a roll of sacks and blitz the room when it gets as bad as it is but every time I do that I tell them I'm not doing it anymore but always end up doing so.
I sympathise with you as I know exactly how you feel. I wouldn't mind but day 1 of holidays at 10.36 this morning I heard those 2 dreaded words "I'm bored" to which I replied "you can always make a start on your room", funny, he found something to do then!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Yes, I also heard those words too! This morning I have unloaded, loaded and reloaded the dishwasher, tidied all the surfaces in the kitchen, tidied the lounge and dining room floor, made shopping lists, tidied the bathroom (window sill is dumping ground despite huge bin) cleared our bedroom floor (all clothes on bed so that's a 2 hour job- lol!) hung up washing! I'm sure I was meant to be rich and have a cleaner! I wish!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Am I really weird then?....I used to love school hols with my kids....6 weeks was just not long enough! Once one son had 9 weeks because a new school was being built. That was amazing! Yeh, it's me again isn't it?
I love the hols but I reach a certain point with mess and then I explode. Usually in the hols because I have to ignore and compartmentalise in term times or they'd be carting me away in a strait jacket. Girls are a lot tidier when hubbie at work.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, so is that how hubby feels when I'm not exactly tidy then? But then I would be tidier if he didn't keep tidying away my things and losing them!