Unwell

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Sorry to ask this but I've had some sort of tummy bug, most of the day yesterday. Didn't eat anything after breakfast. Bs currently 9.4, keystones 1.2. I think I'm beginning to feel better so I'm having some granola. Now my question is the night before I went out for Chinese. Could it have been that, maybe the gluten? I eat quite low carb so don't have a lot of gluten and I've been having hard lumps in my stomach for a while. I've got to go back the go next week as she wasn't sure what else to test, she's consulting an endricinologist and a rheumatologist.
Not a good start to the summer holidays! Lol x

cava

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Football
It could be that they use quite a lot of MSG in Chinese cooking. I now have an intolerance to it, not sure if it's the fact I cook more of my own food so know what's in it or my medication has had a hand in it. It has the same effect as having a tummy bug when I've had some by accident. Maybe a thought!

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I've upped my basal. Nobody else has been ill and it was a share your food thing

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was that a typo and you meant bolus? Or does your sickness plan increases basal as well the bolus correction. I haven't seen the T1's here say that there plan ups the basal

If no one else was sick it sound like a bug then. Keep your fluids up

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It could be a gluten allergy from the food if your tummy is upset, however Chinese food, much like Indian food and Pizza houses have a high-fat content in their food, this in turn can lead to elevated bg levels several hours after eating but wouldn't result in a stomach upset, hopefully your HCP;s will find out what is causing your tummy lumps. Good luck Donna.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Could be Gluten but that is a bit overdone at the moment so I would assume a bug etc rather than immediately think Gluten.