Sporty Forty.e t

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back jamrox!

I don't post on here very often as although I do exercise it's always walking the dog. As it's the school holidays hubbie walks the dog first thing in the morning for 1-2 hours. It is too hot to walk him during the day at the moment and we tend to walk him together about 5 o'clock. Today hubbie went out at 5 to take youngest son to play cricket. I could have thought (as I would have done previously) that the dog has had a walk so I won't bother taking him out. But no I thought I need the exercise so took him out. THEN when I was 45 minutes from home I had a text from a friend saying she would pick me up in 30 minutes to take me to watch the cricket. So I had to RUN part of the way and walk very fast. I managed to run something I haven't done for ages and I didn't collapse in a pile!

It was youngest sons first cricket match and he did really well. He has had one training session with the team as he is standing in for people who are on holiday. He had a go at bowling and did well . The team won easily which was good.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 7 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning! So this morning I have done a 13 sec plank followed by a 47 sec half plank. 20 seconds stair running then 15 secs stairs plus 5 secs run, then 20 sec run. Then a 45 min walk, half of it briskly, the rest moderate. Then I carried 4 watering cans full of water from water butt to greenhouse and watered plants (picked a cucumber too). Then ironed a shirt cos I remembered hubby needs a white one for today. Going to cook bacon now for son and me. Then I can do absolutely nothing all day long:)

Reactions: 8 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good morning! So this morning I have done a 13 sec plank followed by a 47 sec half plank. 20 seconds stair running then 15 secs stairs plus 5 secs run, then 20 sec run. Then a 45 min walk, half of it briskly, the rest moderate. Then I carried 4 watering cans full of water from water butt to greenhouse and watered plants (picked a cucumber too). Then ironed a shirt cos I remembered hubby needs a white one for today. Going to cook bacon now for son and me. Then I can do absolutely nothing all day long:)

Yayyyyyy!:D:D:D Smokin' hot today Zand!

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

You ve been busy

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Welcome back jamrox!

I don't post on here very often as although I do exercise it's always walking the dog. As it's the school holidays hubbie walks the dog first thing in the morning for 1-2 hours. It is too hot to walk him during the day at the moment and we tend to walk him together about 5 o'clock. Today hubbie went out at 5 to take youngest son to play cricket. I could have thought (as I would have done previously) that the dog has had a walk so I won't bother taking him out. But no I thought I need the exercise so took him out. THEN when I was 45 minutes from home I had a text from a friend saying she would pick me up in 30 minutes to take me to watch the cricket. So I had to RUN part of the way and walk very fast. I managed to run something I haven't done for ages and I didn't collapse in a pile!

It was youngest sons first cricket match and he did really well. He has had one training session with the team as he is standing in for people who are on holiday. He had a go at bowling and did well . The team won easily which was good.

Love this

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Just weighed myself and it looks like 2lb was flight fluid.
11st 3lb .
Need to loose 4lb. Off for walk and then go and get blueberries and yoghurt

Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Wow! Morning Zand! You're on fire! Hubbie just made brekkie and gone to work. Youngest watching film whilst I am trying to write shopping list!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Scandi.....holidays!!!!!!....I'm running out of steam a little now and I thought I'd go and get my prescription but cant' cos there's a horse on the drive and I don't like horses, and if I try to get past it, it will come in and I don't know what to do with horses......and.... It's getting too hot to iron already.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All that before breakfast!!!
And you said we were enthusiastic!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only if you overdo it, and don't enjoy it. So find something that is not a chore.
Nothing's a chore right now 'cos I'm manic.......in 3 days I run out of energy.....then everything will be a chore again. Don't tell me to pace myself, :)because I never could, I just like having 3 days full of energy every so often.:)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing's a chore right now 'cos I'm manic.......in 3 days I run out of energy.....then everything will be a chore again. Don't tell me to pace myself, :)because I never could, I just like having 3 days full of energy every so often.:)
Ok, enjoy the manic phase while it lasts.
Not making light of the situation, honest. I understand the cycle of 'manic' and low. So you need to go with the flow of it.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
20 minutes walking and 20 mins lugging sprayer up and down path to wet wall of doom. I should go on bike but I'm worn out by the heat.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
20 minutes walking and 20 mins lugging sprayer up and down path to wet wall of doom. I should go on bike but I'm worn out by the heat.
You completed 40 minutes though, so take a well earned break and look after that painful shoulder.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went for a quiet swim and found the pool full with holidaying school kids. Thought "GRRRR!" Just for a moment. Then thought, poor kids may not have a pool by end of hols so let them enjoy. Some are little scallywags, but they are quite happy to be considerate of the oldies if we are considerate of them.
Managed 25 mins of swimming, not really straight lanes trying to avoid the little dears, then in the deep end did another 15 mins exercises such as fast treading water etc.

Completed my exercise for the day with supermarket yomp. Moving slowly to again dodge kids, managed a slow, staggering 55mins. Legs very numb at the end of that. Should have stopped to sit down a few times. Perhaps took too long, especially considering most of the food is not for me. I do like walking in the air conditioned level floored shops using the trolley as a makeshift zimmer/battering ram.

Reactions: 4 people