flashy158

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi all, bit of re-assurance required.

Been on Metformin for a month now and just today started with blurry eyesight, quite scary because i was driving at the time, kept trying to blink to clear it, it worked but i am concerned about it.

Any thoughts

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Hi, Flashy Have you had an eye test yet. You must see your doctor and explain your problem, as driving when you have a vision problem could cause a major problem. needs to be addressed quickly. Do you wear glasses, if so they need to sorted out. and if not yu may need them.
I wear glasses, and have a eye test every year. So far my eyes are good no change, but always keep glasses with me and a spare.
Wish you luck. Anne t2

Reactions: 2 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
My eyesight was very very bad for 2 days a few weeks after diagnosis. I thought I was going blind. Now my eyes are better than they have been for years. Apparently your lens changes shape as the glucose level in your body drops.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Blurred vision is usually associated with low or high BG levels. Are you testing your levels ? This should hopefully improve once you start to get glucose levels within target range.

flashy158

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
bg has dropped from when i started taking metformin, i was in the 18 mark, just tested and showing a respectable 9.3, i am at doctors on saturday so i will mention it.
Thanks all.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
People say vision goes up and down with BG level. I think what I experienced was a change when I was dropping from a constant high level (0ver 12 after 18 hour fast) to more normal levels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I had my eyes tested and they are healthy,but I have blurred vision first thing in the morning for about an hour,thats the worst time for me for BS which is usually 8 and 5 or 6 during the day

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
bg has dropped from when i started taking metformin, i was in the 18 mark, just tested and showing a respectable 9.3, i am at doctors on saturday so i will mention it.
Thanks all.

High bg can make the lens of the eye swell resulting in blurred vision, might be best that you don't drive until you get your bg levels down.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Thanks all.
That was what happened to me. It was bad for a few days but then suddenly it was great.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Of course, blurry vision first thing in the morning can just be due to dry eyes.