Fed up of looking like we've been burgled

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Oh, so is that how hubby feels when I'm not exactly tidy then? But then I would be tidier if he didn't keep tidying away my things and losing them!
It depends.... Is he able to walk across the floor unscathed? My hubbie has caused me 3 injuries throughout our married life which has resulted in my brothers laws calling me cartoon accident girl. I have so far broken my coccyx when I did a spot of stair surfing whils trying to take washing down the stairs (I didn't see the welly boots which he had left on the second top step to take down later) . I landed with one cheek on one step and the other on another. Then there was the sprained ankle from when I ran out the house in heels to meet him in a restaurant and got my heel caught in his trainers which were in a pile by the door and finally there was the time when I tripped over the trousers which he hadn't put in the laundry basket into the open drawer of the chest of drawers before catapulting myself across the bed and landing on the floor, bringing a mobile air con unit down on my head (3 weeks extended teaching practise as signed off with broken toes). Apparently I need to watch where I'm going! I am very accident prone and have managed to fall down stairs on several occasions including at school, fall off my bike, crash the car, etc. I think my role in our family is to provide the comedy!
Just got the surfaces in the lounge to tidy, the clothes on our bed to deal with and one sofa which is covered in stuff. Then there's the bottom floor (we live in a town house) shudder!

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well he's never tripped over anything yet, so maybe I'm doing OK

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daughter (22) moans at me for being untidy (i'm not that bad) its just when youre cooking 3 different dinners you cant wipe the surfaces down. she put a note on cupboard door, saying " Mum, tidy up after yourself, use kitchen roll for cleaning hob, otherwise i will moan" She's very tidy almost OCD, i get her to pack my suitcases now she's better than me at it. lol. Now the 18 year old daughter, her bedroom is horrendous, its like that very old yellow pages advert that someone said oh what a shame have you been burgled.

Hubby tries to tidy it up usually find a bin bag fully of rubbish and it still never looks any different. She has dyspraxia so is very disorganised anyway so most likely has a lot to do with it. I don't do housework , i cook and am the chauffeur cos i'm the only one who can drive (thats my excuse anyway). And i'm the dog let out and shut up person cos my miserable neighbour moans if he has a little woof.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
it has taken my eldest son 3 days to tidy his bedroom and its still not done. He does about 5 minutes tidying then gets distracted and does something else. I have done shouting, taking things away etc but they haven't worked so I trying to stay calm this time. We think he has dyspraxia/is on the autism spectrum so am trying to be understanding.

Hubbie and I are both untidy and it is my plan to get the house tidy over the school holiday - not going too well so far though.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not the worlds tidyist soul, and my Mum was always a neat freak (I blame her for my untidy traits, put something down for 30 seconds and she'd put it away!) But on one memorable occasion when I was a teenager I came home from school to find everything that hadn't been put away where it should have been in a pile on the back lawn, and was told if if wasn't sorted within x amount of time, anything still left outside was just going in the dustbin!

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it has taken my eldest son 3 days to tidy his bedroom and its still not done. He does about 5 minutes tidying then gets distracted and does something else. I have done shouting, taking things away etc but they haven't worked so I trying to stay calm this time. We think he has dyspraxia/is on the autism spectrum so am trying to be understanding.

Hubbie and I are both untidy and it is my plan to get the house tidy over the school holiday - not going too well so far though.

Sounds just like the 18 year old, she's doing media make up and special effects at college and her room is full of makeup, brushes, latex, the latest get organised idea is to get more shallow drawers,, label them then put them in the spare bedroom which is also full of her rubbish. So creative but untidy bless her.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm not the worlds tidyist soul, and my Mum was always a neat freak (I blame her for my untidy traits, put something down for 30 seconds and she'd put it away!) But on one memorable occasion when I was a teenager I came home from school to find everything that hadn't been put away where it should have been in a pile on the back lawn, and was told if if wasn't sorted within x amount of time, anything still left outside was just going in the dustbin!
Don't tempt me! :D

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

My plan too! Used to be untidy as a teenager but like a bit of order as I'm getting older! :angelic:

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My three children, ages 23, 29 and 31, still live at home and only the middle one is tidy. He's autistic so I think it's part of his make up. His brother and sister are very untidy and it's not safe to enter their bedrooms without a stout pair of shoes on. Every six months or so they attempt to tidy things up but it lasts no longer than a week before the clothes, dvds and cds are back on the floor along with assorted plates, glasses and mugs.

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My three children, ages 23, 29 and 31, still live at home and only the middle one is tidy. He's autistic so I think it's part of his make up. His brother and sister are very untidy and it's not safe to enter their bedrooms without a stout pair of shoes on. Every six months or so they attempt to tidy things up but it lasts no longer than a week before the clothes, dvds and cds are back on the floor along with assorted plates, glasses and mugs.

Please don't say that. I can see junior living with us forever. I thought that kids were supposed to take care of you as you got older?! Maybe the Ntaive Americans didn't leave their elderly out to die and they just chose death rather than face sharing an untidy Tipee?

Reactions: 9 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[QUOTE="Scandichic, post: 595290, member: 94210"
Hubbie just as bad! Bought 4 new bras a couple of weeks ago and I can only find one![/QUOTE]

I can't resist this. Sorry @Scandichic , . Are you trying to tell us you think he is wearing them?
:)

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
[QUOTE="Scandichic, post: 595290, member: 94210"
Hubbie just as bad! Bought 4 new bras a couple of weeks ago and I can only find one!

I can't resist this. Sorry @Scandichic , . Are you trying to tell us you think he is wearing them?
:)[/QUOTE]
Aww Pip! You promised you wouldn't say anything! :D

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am I really weird then?....I used to love school hols with my kids....6 weeks was just not long enough! Once one son had 9 weeks because a new school was being built. That was amazing! Yeh, it's me again isn't it?
No, I was exactly the same. The break to routine and the chilling out without having to rush to make sure they had PE kit, musical instruments etc was brilliant. Also no after school Brownies, choir, dance class, cricket, etc etc, meant we could be spontaneous in what we felt like doing. Usually started the day in swimming pool,(even then) then home to decide what to do . Had to be something that didn't cost much so involved walking, or the park, or just doing stuff like camping in the garden. Always felt sorry for their dad who had to work. Oh and we always seemed to have a following of other peoples kids too.
Happy days.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hate mess.... But I hate tidying..... And I hoard things I should really just check out/sell/give to charity. It's an awful catch 22!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com
I am in the process of sifting through 30 years worth of "stuff" ours, our kids' and assorted deceased relatives'. We have one clutter free room we sit in and another we sleep in. I am try ing to use the mantra "love it? Use it, if not lose it". It ain't easy.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I also heard those words too! This morning I have unloaded, loaded and reloaded the dishwasher, tidied all the surfaces in the kitchen, tidied the lounge and dining room floor, made shopping lists, tidied the bathroom (window sill is dumping ground despite huge bin) cleared our bedroom floor (all clothes on bed so that's a 2 hour job- lol!) hung up washing! I'm sure I was meant to be rich and have a cleaner! I wish!
Boredom is good for kids. I used to positively create boring situations for mine, to make the use their imaginations to create their own activities.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seriously @julifriend I would not enter their rooms unless the stink and flies became too much.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It depends.... Is he able to walk across the floor unscathed? My hubbie has caused me 3 injuries throughout our married life which has resulted in my brothers laws calling me cartoon accident girl. I have so far broken my coccyx when I did a spot of stair surfing whils trying to take washing down the stairs (I didn't see the welly boots which he had left on the second top step to take down later) . I landed with one cheek on one step and the other on another. Then there was the sprained ankle from when I ran out the house in heels to meet him in a restaurant and got my heel caught in his trainers which were in a pile by the door and finally there was the time when I tripped over the trousers which he hadn't put in the laundry basket into the open drawer of the chest of drawers before catapulting myself across the bed and landing on the floor, bringing a mobile air con unit down on my head (3 weeks extended teaching practise as signed off with broken toes). Apparently I need to watch where I'm going! I am very accident prone and have managed to fall down stairs on several occasions including at school, fall off my bike, crash the car, etc. I think my role in our family is to provide the comedy!
Just got the surfaces in the lounge to tidy, the clothes on our bed to deal with and one sofa which is covered in stuff. Then there's the bottom floor (we live in a town house) shudder!
Where are you all going to sleep with all the clothes on the bed?

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Seriously @julifriend I would not enter their rooms unless the stink and flies became too much.

Indeed I wouldn't venture into either bedroom if we didn't need some plates for dinner! Or a glass for the wine as it seems wrong to drink straight from the bottle. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
No, I was exactly the same. The break to routine and the chilling out without having to rush to make sure they had PE kit, musical instruments etc was brilliant. Also no after school Brownies, choir, dance class, cricket, etc etc, meant we could be spontaneous in what we felt like doing. Usually started the day in swimming pool,(even then) then home to decide what to do . Had to be something that didn't cost much so involved walking, or the park, or just doing stuff like camping in the garden. Always felt sorry for their dad who had to work. Oh and we always seemed to have a following of other peoples kids too.
Happy days.
This sounds familiar! Although tomorrow will be phase 2 of tidying the room. We have now found the fall which is progress. Tomorrow will involve tackling the clothes mountain on the eldests bed. We need to get sandals for the eldest and then a picnic at the local park which has a paddling pool is called for!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Where are you all going to sleep with all the clothes on the bed?
I have just nipped upstairs to put away a whole load.