Bullet proof coffee!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
All I can say is ... WOW!!!!
The energy boost is incredible ... why aren't drug dealers selling this stuff?

Reactions: 2 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Because its legal, no money in it, until the price of coffee goes sky high - which will be soon.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i have never tried it, but I'm not a huge coffee fan, and besides.....replace my yogurt and berries? :wideyed::dead:

glad your happy though :D hehe

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well presumably it's making money for Dave Asprey.
The Tibetans butter their tea but then they live and work at high attitude, in a cold, mountainous environment. expending far more calories than we do (and they aren't known for longevity)

( I was about to give the link to Chris Gunnar's article but see that Catherine has already done that ; I got distracted reading his links and this video from the comments)

G

graj0

Amazon customer revues are varied, from one extreme to the other. We're all that different. £50 ish a kilo, against £15 a kilo for Fairtrade, might be some money in it.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just use normal coffe and add the coconut fat or butter.

Apparently there is likely to be a coffee price hike this year due to shortages in Brazil or Colombia (can't remember which)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I just used my normal everyday Nescaffe instant ... the mental lift was incredible fifteen minutes later and I was driving for six hours feeling great.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
This coffee for breakfast dulls my hunger for hours.
Coffee at around 8 am and then lunch around 2am of nuts plain full fat Greek yoghurt and five strawberries.
An hour ago pulled into Mcdonalds with grand children and I had a large burger with bacon and salad and only half the bun ... that's probably me for the day now ... maybe some nuts and plain yoghurt in a while.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Well presumably it's making money for Dave Asprey.
The Tibetans butter their tea but then they live and work at high attitude, in a cold, mountainous environment. expending far more calories than we do (and they aren't known for longevity)

( I was about to give the link to Chris Gunnar's article but see that Catherine has already done that ; I got distracted reading his links and this video from the comments)
Just watched the vid.
Mines nothing like that!
Cup of instant coffee (Nescafe) a large tablespoon of unsalted butter and for now a sweetner ... cos I can't drink coffee without!
Its working a treat.

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re vid: Well, if the goal is to make me lose weight by making me too nauseous to eat anything then it might work.

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Re vid: Well, if the goal is to make me lose weight by making me too nauseous to eat anything then it might work.
if you get a tub of cream and beat the **** out of it for fifteen minutes drain the water off you have ... butter so what's so nauseous?
My food intake has plummeted.
Ten pounds gone this week ... now settling down to eight pounds gone this week.
If the same happens next week I'll be a happy man ... BG readings settling down too.
Went to bed 5.6 awoke to 6.1.

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you know if it would work without the butter - just coffee and coconut oil? Or is the butter needed to fill you up? Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
if you get a tub of cream and beat the **** out of it for fifteen minutes drain the water off you have ... butter so what's so nauseous?
I can't explain why eating a lump of pure butter makes me nauseous, but it does. Putting it into coffee won't help.

Reactions: 5 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you know if it would work without the butter - just coffee and coconut oil? Or is the butter needed to fill you up? Thanks

yes, coconut oil alone would work as well.

I've not tried it myself yet - I keep forgetting

Breakfast thsi morning was a mug of espresso, berries with nuts, coconut and yogurt, 15g carbs and I've got a happy belly.

Still 2kg above racing weight though, dammned holiday.:mad:

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes, coconut oil alone would work as well.

I've not tried it myself yet - I keep forgetting

Breakfast thsi morning was a mug of espresso, berries with nuts, coconut and yogurt, 15g carbs and I've got a happy belly.

Still 2kg above racing weight though, dammned holiday.:mad:

Thanks for the reply.

Breakie sounds lovely, I've got 200g Greek yoghurt 10g carbs would usually have a further 10g in Apple but forgot to buy any fruit. Doh!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree, bulletproof coffee is amazing.

But I wouldn't want to have it every day - for the reasons listed in @catherinecherub 's article.

And I definitely wouldn't make it with instant - it does terrible things to my BG.

@JACKTHELAD , did you monitor your BG through the 6 hours of driving? Maybe you are luckier than me, and instant coffee has no negative effect.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Skimmed the linked article and thought it was poorly informed.
Research has been done on high saturated fat diets and found them fully nutritious.

A lot of emotive speculation and vagueness.

Then again I am heavily into Volek & Phinney.

Cheers

LGC