GASPING FOR A GOLDEN CUP

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I woke up this morning and had been dreaming of scoffing yummy Golden Cup chocolate bars by the dozen. I remember them well when I was a kid and fondly remember the lovely milk chocolate and inside was this exquisite runny caramel that was to die for lol. I think they stopped making them in in 1990's.

Certainly not for me now as I'm diabetic but when my BG's are low I could go a bar and remember they came in two sizes, a big one made in square blocks and the wee one that was shaped like a banana. Fond memories lol. Hope I haven't teased anyone now to eat naughty stuff lol;)

Reactions: 2 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
you have woken my chocolate cravings eddie lol x

Reactions: 4 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
' lovely milk chocolate and inside was this exquisite runny caramel that was to die for lol. '

How wouldn't this tease anyone , I think everyone who reads this is going to fancy some sort of chocolate especially with caramel now haha .
Ought Ohh lol !! I'm thinking about it haha

:p:p:p

Anie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Off to get a chocolate button (my treat when I fancy a bit of chocolate) no, I don't eat the whole packet, yes I am good, but I've found that this works for me. I keep them in the fridge and let them melt in my mouth very very slowly........

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
How strange you should dream of that......lol

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I woke up this morning and had been dreaming of scoffing yummy Golden Cup chocolate bars by the dozen. I remember them well when I was a kid and fondly remember the lovely milk chocolate and inside was this exquisite runny caramel that was to die for lol. I think they stopped making them in in 1990's.

Certainly not for me now as I'm diabetic but when my BG's are low I could go a bar and remember they came in two sizes, a big one made in square blocks and the wee one that was shaped like a banana. Fond memories lol. Hope I haven't teased anyone now to eat naughty stuff lol;)
Funnily enough I was sad enough to watch obese a year to save my life. The woman on that had an addiction to cadburys caramel bars - the big 200g ones. Poor soul managed 9 in 4 hours!wow! Each bar contains 1083 calories. How scary is that! I used to regularly eat half of one over the course of a few hours on a Saturday night but having learnt that that is 500 calories it's put me off. Which is a relief!