intro as my other post didn't clear the message!

dulcis-dente

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey. I'm not always great at these kinda things. but here goes....

Was diagnosed with Type 1 in 1993 (I can still remember the time, day and date!). Started off with twice daily injections of human mixtard 30/70 (even remember the doses and exchanges I needed for meal/snack times!), moved to MDI a few years later, and now going onto pump therapy in about 2 weeks time (I have this strong feeling that I'm gonna feel like a complete noob all over again!) In the 20 years I've had diabetes, I've never really been involved with any groups/communities like this and thought it was high time I did. Having diabetes can be tough sometimes (in some cases most of the time!) and I thought it'd be nice to join in somewhere where people can all offer support and advice to each other. I can chat the hind legs off a donkey, but I'm also a great listener, so feel free to chat away.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
A photo of me would be waaaay to scary, so I thought I'd share a pic of my three fluffy monsters!
10500508_724119914318075_5259583943118455143_n.jpg

- What is your name?
Ria
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
Female
- Which country are you from?
UK (Scotland)
- Which city/area do you live in?
West Coast/Highlands
- Are you religious?
No, I have more of a scientific and philosophical view. But do tend to live my the "love thy neighbour" "do no harm" kinda way.
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
Open, caring, easy-going
- Do you have any pets?
Yup, 3 mental guinea pigs (Lenny, Harvey, Oscar)
- Microsoft or Apple?
Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
Does World of Warcraft count (it is gaming after all!)
- Do you get angry easily?
A wee bit fiesty at times
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
ears and nose pierced. 2 tattoos (ankle and just below the collar bone)
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
Depends on my mood, at the moment though it's:-
Thunder, Ludovico Einaudi, Andrea Bocelli, Alice Cooper, Blue Nile/Paul Buchanan
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
I have a Very eclectic taste in music - my iPod has everything from AC/DC to Andrea Bocelli to Rachmaninoff to Aviccii and everything in between!
- What is your favourite flag?
Alliance!!
- Ever gone camping?
Not until tents come fully equipped with electricity and hot running water!
- Ever been in love?
Yes and still am
- Ever used fake tan?
I do when the vain side of me is stronger than the lazy side! Unfortunately being Scottish means the sun can only turn my skin from skimmed milk blue to an off white shade, so I need all the help I can get!
- Which countries have you visited?
Germany, Greece and Eire (only got a passport 2 years ago!)
- Favourite city?
More of a village preson and it has to be Piskopiano in Crete. Such a lovely village and lovely people!
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
House, Dexter, Chuck, Documentaries (especially about animals), Big Bang Theory, HIMYM
- List your five favourite films.
Stand Up Guys, Blood Diamond, Killing Fields, Steel Magnolias, Hot Fuzz
- Are you wealthy?
Life rich, fiscally poor
- Do you work? If so, as what?
Work in retail
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
I'm about to start a BA (hons) in Leadership and Management with the Open Uni.
- What do you like most about yourself?
I've discovered over the years I'm more strong and resilient than I used to give myself credit for! Great sense of humour, good listener, compassionate and enthusiastic! (& I can be a bit random at times too!)
- What do you like least about yourself?
My pancreas! ;) I have a habit of over thinking things, I'm super unfit and can't find the motivation to fix it :(

10526127_742951949101538_7416166261034661560_n.jpg

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey welcome to the forum .
You will meet very nice and helpful people on here , the forum is great . You will be so happy you joined .

Got to add wow wow wow how cute are your furry friends . :p

Take care
:):):)

Reactions: 2 people

dulcis-dente

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks cloe! They are wee monsters, but spoilt rotton! :) And Im really looking forward to meeting some fab people om here too!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They do look like they have cheeky faces , I love animals think they all deserve to be spoiled rotten :p.

When you have questions to ask or feel you can help others with answers , you will meet loads of fab people on here !!

:):):)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Back in the day, my parents would hitch the caravan up to the mgb roadster (2 seater) whilst I used to sit on the parcel rack :nailbiting::nailbiting: Whilst my parents drove us from North Yorkshire up to the mull of McIntyre . This happened every summer holidays for the entire 6 weeks. I used to share the parcel rack with the dog! I love Scotland and have many happy memories!

dulcis-dente

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Certainly sounds like happy memories!

Wouldn't it be great if some day we can say "Diabetes? Yeah, I USED to have that!"