Sporty Forty.e t

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You completed 40 minutes though, so take a well earned break and look after that painful shoulder.

thanks- I;m off to bed with a broom shank shortly as that is one of the exercises for a frozen shoulder. I can feel my good shoulder niggling too which is how this one started - guess your whole body gets out of alignment when one side is being overcompensated for. At least it means Mr E put the joint in the oven for me!

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think we are all amazing as we keep going no matter what. I know some might say we shouldn't have got to this position but I am proud of myself I and all of us) for getting off our behinds and adding exercises of all sorts into our daily routine. From zero to hero(es).

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
QUOTE="cold ethyl, post: 595709, member: 107467"]thanks- I;m off to bed with a broom shank shortly as that is one of the exercises for a frozen shoulder. I can feel my good shoulder niggling too which is how this one started - guess your whole body gets out of alignment when one side is being overcompensated for. At least it means Mr E put the joint in the oven for me![/QUOTE]
Hope you feel better tomorrow.
Not entirely sure what you do with the broom shank in bed, but hope it works!;)

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
QUOTE="cold ethyl, post: 595709, member: 107467"]thanks- I;m off to bed with a broom shank shortly as that is one of the exercises for a frozen shoulder. I can feel my good shoulder niggling too which is how this one started - guess your whole body gets out of alignment when one side is being overcompensated for. At least it means Mr E put the joint in the oven for me!
Hope you feel better tomorrow.
Not entirely sure what you do with the broom shank in bed, but hope it works!;)[/QUOTE]

Apparently I just hold it and then rotate my arms from side to side. I hope it helps as it makes me want to swear. Very loudly.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Just one climb of the 11 floors today, followed by a 5 hour drive home and now my back hurts again :banghead: Not even sure how I did it in the first place.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just one climb of the 11 floors today, followed by a 5 hour drive home and now my back hurts again :banghead: Not even sure how I did it in the first place.
I found some good stretching type exercises about a year ago when I had a bad lower back, if yours doesn't clear up soon ask me to look for them for you...I'll forget if you don't ask!

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, no @sanguine.
Do you think the driving makes it worse? Did you break the journey?
Are you mainly at a desk? Maybe an ergonomic assessment of work station needed?
Hope it gets better soon, maybe need disc realigning. Try to keep moving, gently.
Be well
Pipp

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
After early morning walk we went to the Glasgow commonwealth fanzone, walked about for hours.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Here's something you don't see in Glasgow much , not a cloud in the sky

Attachments

• 1406242254825.jpg
    1406242254825.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 146

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
If I'm just sitting or driving it's OK, it's when I stand up it's bad for a few minutes until I walk it off. Going to bed dosed up on ibuprofen and voltarol, we'll see how it is in the morning. Hopefully not a chiropractor job, but if that's what it takes ...

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I'm just sitting or driving it's OK, it's when I stand up it's bad for a few minutes until I walk it off. Going to bed dosed up on ibuprofen and voltarol, we'll see how it is in the morning. Hopefully not a chiropractor job, but if that's what it takes ...
Here's where I found those exercises if you need them:-

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00302

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
@cold ethyl , has your GP suggested a cortisone injection for you...? Had a frozen shoulder about two years ago, I have a high pain threshhold but blimey I've never known a pain like it....I've seen in other threads how posters have said the injection is really painful and yes it is but I would've tried anything, if the doc had said banging my head against a wall would cure it I'd have done it...:inpain: ....anyway the injection worked almost instantly and I've never had trouble with it since....the cortisone does raise your blood sugar but only for a few days...

...45 minute walk yesterday along the promenade as it was a bit cooler there and a better view!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Here's where I found those exercises if you need them:-

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00302

Thanks Zand - it doesn't seem any better this morning, but may be still recovering from the driving. I'll try a walk later if it's not too hot and it's settled down a bit. If it doesn't sort itself over the weekend I'll have to go and see someone.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
5 miles walked today, most of it up hill.
Another lovely day in sunny Ayrshire.

Reactions: 3 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just done a brisk 45 minute walk - quite hot but there was just enough of a breeze to make it tolerable. I was aware of the back but it didn't affect my walking, hopefully I won't pay for that later.

There was an item in the paper yesterday about an Australian study in The Lancet saying that paracetamol is no better than a placebo for lower back pain, and that activity is better (and go to the chiropractor if that isn't possible or doesn't work).

Mrs Sanguine can rub some Voltarol on it later - now, where else does it hurt ... ;)

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been to aquafit. Managed 50 mins of the hour class, then had to get out as I thought I was going to be sick. Sadistic coach who nows how to make us work but the abdominal crunches were a bit too much for my delicate constitution.

Resting in the shade now with iced peppermint tea.

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@cold ethyl , has your GP suggested a cortisone injection for you...? Had a frozen shoulder about two years ago, I have a high pain threshhold but blimey I've never known a pain like it....I've seen in other threads how posters have said the injection is really painful and yes it is but I would've tried anything, if the doc had said banging my head against a wall would cure it I'd have done it...:inpain: ....anyway the injection worked almost instantly and I've never had trouble with it since....the cortisone does raise your blood sugar but only for a few days...

...45 minute walk yesterday along the promenade as it was a bit cooler there and a better view!

Not seen him yet as it only really started getting very painful at weekend. I've been doing some exercises that are recommended for it and got a better night's sleep last night which seems to help. If it doesn't get better I'll bite the bullet and add it to the long list of things I need to see him about. I've noticed that I've a really bad habit of leaning on my left arm when using laptop so not surprised it has gone bad on me!

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Early morning walk this morning (well 9 am but usually hubbie does the walk at that time) as I was walking with a friend. Was going great until I stepped in a hole in one of the fields and twisted my ankle. I couldn't put any weight on it but that eased off a bit and I limped the rest of the way. We were about half way round so I had to carry on or go back. It is a bit swollen but not alot it just hurts now and I am still limping. Will see how it is tomorrow

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Early morning walk this morning (well 9 am but usually hubbie does the walk at that time) as I was walking with a friend. Was going great until I stepped in a hole in one of the fields and twisted my ankle. I couldn't put any weight on it but that eased off a bit and I limped the rest of the way. We were about half way round so I had to carry on or go back. It is a bit swollen but not alot it just hurts now and I am still limping. Will see how it is tomorrow

Hope you're ok x