Hello! Is it OK to post as a 'health professional'

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As long as you don't say " I'm a RN 'medical professional' you should do this and take that" it's all good to give your opinion of what you have done or link to something you have read of what you could do or take..
That's right. It's funny that I still remember pathways for BGs below 2.5 or BGs 15 up, know what to do inside the hospital but what goes out of it still a learning curve...:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are going to have a job for life here. ;) About 2:00am uk time. There are the "help my BG is high and I feel sick"
Or " help my BG is low and I feel sick"
They were given their pens and sent home and are having their first hypo or high BG with ketones

Reactions: 3 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are going to have a job for life here. ;) About 2:00am uk time. There are the "help my BG is high and I feel sick"
Or " help my BG is low and I feel sick"
They were given their pens and sent home and are having their first hypo or high BG with ketones

Jack, flat out for sure!lol ;)

Yes best to link on medical articles on general first aid hypos and hypers then if it's still a worry then go "call triple 000 (or UK code) or visit your nearest A&E for them to assess you properly" as there's a lot of scenarios we can think of, each case has different co-morbidities, each patient has a different story to tell so management is also tailored to suit the individual. Having worked in a&e myself, I've seen firsthand most of the people (doctors, etc) there really work hard, do long hours and do their best as they can. :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Hi @Andrew Cunningham ,

Welcome to the forum... I hope you're not too bruised after the verbal stoning you've received so far!

I believe @jack412 has hit the nail on the head:

As long as you don't say " I'm a RN 'medical professional' you should do this and take that" it's all good to give your opinion of what you have done or link to something you have read of what you could do or take..

You're welcome to participate - as a professional or otherwise, but if such participation is modelled on the "Listen to me, I'm the professional", then I'd say you'll last less than 24 hours... far too many of us 'poor patients' have suffered at the hands of 'professionals' who have merely been whistling in the wind as far as certainties are concerned leaving us all none the wiser (and often worse off).

'Listen, watch and learn' from people's experiences, etc., and it will certainly help your profession and business.

Best wishes.

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
But it isn't the 'oldest profession' :)
But the address is only 5 minutes from Soho....
Thank you for brightening my day boys! Bad @jack412 and @Jaylee (funny though) for teasing the new boy!
Welcome @Andrew Cunningham
I hope you've dusted off your flack jacket and acquired full body armour.......:hilarious:

Just for the boys (sorry Andrew I couldn't resist.....)

My psychologist reckoned my problems all stemmed from a traumatic event in my past.
He sent me to a Hypnotist who practised regression therapy.
" Now , David " he began ," You have just woken up on your wedding day......."

I think I'm a bit of an Hypnotist.
Every time I'm in bed with my wife and I mention sex, she falls into a deep sleep.

Sure you've heard them before.......