GO MAD DAY your thoughts

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From my experience today (just got BS down to 6.5 after a hike of 13.2) I think if you can take corrective measures quickly afterwards, i.e. drink plenty of water and do lots of Dad dancing :) you could be okay

Reactions: 4 people

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It looks like the forum is split on this one?

I always believe in carrot and stick. If one sticks religiously to LCHF , I see no harm in having a some naughty food once in a while providing a) it doesn't become a habit and b) you stay within your target HBA1C. Where is the harm?

jim

Reactions: 5 people

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes we have to suffer for our pleasure, and i would rather suffer being sleepy and high for 1 day and enjoy the morning. 'she say's after eating a chocolate cookie as it her birthday' Too be honest you wil prob feel guilty whist eating it and only have a couple of things so wont over indulge as much as you are expecting to.

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
I'd do both I'd have a treat or two mixed in with low carb :(;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Right now, I'm eating a seeded gluten free bar, ( I do like them a lot)and I bought 9 yesterday, but.......... I would kill for a crusty roll/bagette :hungry: a real treat for one day would be, not thinking about type 1 and Coeliac and having a naughty moment.;)

Reactions: 4 people

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
I'm in the same position, my eldest daughter gets married on Friday week, wedding breakfast, evening meal, cakes and drinks all day long.

Only recently diagnosed and not sure what to do, have managed to get BG to between 5.0 & 7.2 over the last 2 weeks.
did a little test , had a PayBar after dinner this evening, tested 2 hours later 8.7

Will one day do long term harm?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
No Don't think so

Reactions: 3 people

ShellyC23

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I often feel like "having a day off" from being diabetic but I know that this would only make me feel guilty as well as sick, tired, grumpy and lethargic long after the party was over. Far better to allow yourself the odd special treat instead then walk home to burn off the excess carbs!

Reactions: 2 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Well wedding over "Go mad few days completed"

Dietary wise wasn't a big problem the starter was mango,avocado, chicken green leaf in Filo basket, all gone except basket, dinner rack of lamb, veg and potatoes, all gone except potatoe. Desert lemon tart. oops. Gone.

Lots of drink, kept,to Red wine and Guinness , not,in the same glass

Didn't test that day, but following morning and tests next day all under 7.2, no side effects visible, so I guess I have dodged the bullet this time, but have no intention of making it a habit.

Is it worth it, for me HELL YES, only 3 more daughters to go.

Reactions: 5 people

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Well wedding over "Go mad few days completed"

Dietary wise wasn't a big problem the starter was mango,avocado, chicken green leaf in Filo basket, all gone except basket, dinner rack of lamb, veg and potatoes, all gone except potatoe. Desert lemon tart. oops. Gone.

Lots of drink, kept,to Red wine and Guinness , not,in the same glass

Didn't test that day, but following morning and tests next day all under 7.2, no side effects visible, so I guess I have dodged the bullet this time, but have no intention of making it a habit.

Is it worth it, for me HELL YES, only 3 more daughters to go.

Congratulations,
If the result of missing the, Filo Basket Potatoes, and not enough to drink, was 7.2 the next morning, you know now you can Double up on everything !!!, you wasted the space between 7.2 and 7.8 :banghead: :meh:.(Joking).
I would not test the day of the event either, but it does not really matter how high it gets as long as you enjoy yourself.
Good luck for the next Two Events, Mine is in a weeks time

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
@Randburg
I think having the odd lapse, doesn't do any long term harm so long as you can get straight back in the saddle. At the moment only a few months into the problem I am not experiencing any difficulties dealing with this.
Not sure about long term, but 2 day at a time.
Enjoy your celebrations.[tATTACH=full]6069[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1406275356.152291.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1406275356.152291.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 139