ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1406298524.123260.jpg

The fish don't look too appetising but they were nice

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
the curry looks lush. I think maybe I need a Thai husband as Mr E burns fish fingers.

suehatton

2eggs scrambled 1pc burgen toast.
2 baby bel and a pack of fridge raiders (real food...think not.had to eat on the go)
Mr H is preparing salmon and cauli cheese as we speak and I cant wait.
BTW. got weighed again and lost 2lb. Stopped sulking just in time for the weekend. Mr H says"phew!"

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Scrambled eggs
small tuna salad, 12g portion cheese, dollop of shop bought coleslaw and leaves
about to prep chicken faijtas with peppers, onions and salad.I roll mine up in an iceberg lettuce leaf and it is just as good as a tortilla wrap

water water and more water.

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a very busy day today, no time to phaff, so I took the cheat's route and scoffed the following:

Brekkie: scrambled egg and bacon, coffee with cream.

Lunch: pork scratchings and Brie

Dinner: pork scratchings and Brie and panna cotta.

I estimate about 5g carbs, all from the panna cotta. It was supposed to have 15 carbs, but I scraped the sickly fruity bit off the top and only ate the yummy white creamy stuff at the bottom.

Amazingly, considering what a small volume of food this is, I feel great. No hunger, good satisfaction level, and I had enough energy and concentration to get through the whole of my long busy day.

Of course, I've now had 2 terribly low veg days, and need to fall head first into a few green smoothies to compensate...

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast 1 weetabix (no time to cook as early at work-I seem ok with a weetabix- 6.5 2hrs after and back to 5.7 after 3hrs,woke at 5.3)
Lunch salmon and cucumber, few strawberries and cream
Dinner steak, mushrooms, sugar free jelly and cream
Been in mid 5's since lunch time
Lots of water of course!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs and bacon

Salmon salad

Cheeseburgers in lettuce with bacon

Pork scratchings (quite addicted! An ice cold beer would be nice too!!)

Cream and melted choc with nuts :)

X

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I'm a few days late posting but it was my birthday on Tuesday and I was quite pleased:
Breakfast Greek yoghurt with fresh blueberries and golden linseed
Lunch: I did a bit of a buffet thing with my son, I let him have the pringles and the carby stuff, I was good and had home-made crustless quiche (first time I tried making this, was quite pleased with how it came out). I also had a handful of macadamia nuts, a nice big bowl of salad with yoghurt and cucumber dressing and a cheeky jelly baby lol
Dinner: wasn't very hungry so just did a nice veggie omelette, fried mushrooms and red onions in butter (yum!) added eggy mix and grated cheese on top. It's a hard job but someone's got to do it :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yesterday I had the same as Thursday except milder salsa and 85% choc instead of jelly and cream. Having to keep my choc stash in the fridge these days due to the heat. BG still on the high side due to weather. I'm getting a new hba1c done at on 4 Aug...it's going to be skewed/screwed. Nevermind, I know I am being a good diabetic :angelic: It's just the weather.

Breakfast: Wensleydale and spring onion omelette

Lunch: cheddar. Walnuts. Fennel tea

Dinner: dry-fried halloumi, spicy salsa, Deb's salad dressing, leaves

Pud: strawberry veg jelly, whipped cream, gooseberries

I think I used the wrong kind of green chilli in the salsa - it blew my head off. Had to make some of Deb's dressing to use as a fire extinguisher. Nice salsa though - had a pinch of garam masala in it which gave it a great flavour.

Last edited:
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Off out tonight to a clan gathering at my mum's. I am taking lots of lchf curry things and key lime pies. As it is a special occasion (and possibly a blue moon!) my baby girl has said she will drive so I can have a drink. I knew there was a reason I had kids ;)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Bfast had to have toast as nothing much else in, had peanut butter on it

Lunch went out to a restaurant and was good as ignored all the fries with everything that seemed to be popular choice and had sautéed kale with oyster sauce & a portion of beef with fried basil leaves ( this was delicious ) will go again and get a pic.
Been drinking coconut water today in preparation for a beer or two tomorrow with bro in law
Dinner green bean and pork stir fry and a chicken curry

My other bro in law here (who is an American PE teacher living and working here) has got a proper basketball hoop outside so me and the kids been playing every night and getting a good dose of exercise, that along with my holiday read " the primal blueprint " I'm hoping for some good results :)

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie; bullet coffee/fat coffee (300 ml coffee with 40 g coconut oil and 45 g Kerrygold)
Afternoon coffee with 2 tsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp Jersey cream
Dinner; Sirloin steak, kimchi and home made bearnaise sauce (had the same yesterday and also a small green salad but skipping the salad and some more bea sauce)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie; bullet coffee/fat coffee (300 ml coffee with 40 g coconut oil and 45 g Kerrygold)
Afternoon coffee with 2 tsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp Jersey cream
Dinner; Sirloin steak, kimchi and home made bearnaise sauce (had the same yesterday and also a small green salad but skipping the salad and some more bea sauce)

How's the v v v v low carb thing going?
It was to jump start weight loss, wasn't it? Did it have the effect you wanted?
Are you enjoying the food regime?

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
How's the v v v v low carb thing going?
It was to jump start weight loss, wasn't it? Did it have the effect you wanted?
Are you enjoying the food regime?
It's all good, weight is coming off, slowly but surely, app 5 kilos in 7 weeks. Even had a some wine a couple weeks ago and it didn't stop. I'm actually some days eat more then 2000 cals and still loose, believe it's because eat so much fat (>80 energy percentages, usually 85) or in grams app 140-200.
Love the food regime, no cravings at all.

Reactions: 3 people

suehatton

Bacon scram eggs and mushrooms one round of toast. Then v. Late lunch in the pub, sharing platter they called 'sticky platter". Lamb koftas, chicken wings and ribs. Bread and olives but husbo had all those. The sauce was sticky so must be sugary but hopefully not too much. Totally yum. Just cracked open the voddy for the first time in months. Slimline tonic and woodsmoked almonds for a treat. Bet Im asleep in an hour!!!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I blew it today :(

Took girls to park, had an ice cream. Normally wouldn't but they drove me to it! (They being the kids!)

Then once we were back I decided I deserved Chinese. Debated it a while but conceded.

I expect I'll sleep well tonight....

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, I was left alone this evening, with some mince in the fridge, and I mulled it over and decided that it was far too long since I had a good burger.

And what makes a really good burger ?

Well, it's the cheese and the bacon and the onions and the ketchup and the pickles, isn't it? Although I'm a less is more kind of person where pickles are concerned...

So, I browned a scattering of bacon lardons and onion in the pan, then lobbed them in the blender with 500g of mince, an egg (to bind it), 4 cherry tomatoes and 2 prunes (ketchup substitute), a teasp of mustard. Seasoned. Blended. Shaped into 4 ENORMOUS burgers and dry cooked them in the pan. Put slices of Gouda on two of them (cheeseburger!) for the last 2 mins, and served with an Innocent Veg Pot (because Mr B will always insist on buying too many, whenever they are On Special, and then we have to eat then in a hurry...)

The other two will be waiting for The Beloved when he gets in at 11pm, tired, hot and ravenous after a 10 hr shift.

Ooer. They were stupendous. And did I mention they were huge? I really didn't need 2 (but I soldiered on. I'm nothing if not stoic.)

I tried to take photos, but they were sooo humongous that it says the file is too big!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.