Does heat affect your bgs?

< sharon>

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
extreme hot weather
Well...... My blood sugars are consistently high at the moment dont know if its the heat or the new meds ive started but ive been getting highs like 15.9 2 hours after eating just one slice of toast , and before i even eat my breakfast its above 10.......glad i joined this community because ive read various tips to help me in the battle against diabetes.ie the lchf diet which i am going to try so thankyou :D

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Going from a 7 to a 4 reading (approximised) and vice versa in a type 1 could be quite significant for a type 1 though (only writing from a type 1 experience).

Me personally as a type 1 have experienced large swings (prior to pump that I can adjust better) in my blood levels for heat....unfortunately mine always dipped significantly.......

Interesting to read that that type 2's can go higher, as mine as a type 1 always dipped significantly too much-the worst being last July when I almost lost my licence!!!
It is 29 degrees here and I just got my lowest ever pre dinner reading on the Meter I'm using at the moment checked 3 times.

< sharon>

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
extreme hot weather
Well...... My blood sugars are consistently high at the moment dont know if its the heat or the new meds ive started but ive been getting highs like 15.9 2 hours after eating just one slice of toast , and before i even eat my breakfast its above 10.......glad i joined this community because ive read various tips to help me in the battle against diabetes.ie the lchf diet which i am going to try so thankyou :D
Hope you get your high sugar levels resolved very soon sharon :)

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.
Not just blood sugar, my blood pressure and heart rate are steadily climbing..

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.