Trimming the stomach flubber...

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
I need some hints, tips or links to good / effective videos demonstating a good technique for reducing the tummy flubber without too much of the extremes... I intend to introduce and continue with this indefinitely and I can only manage around 10-15 minutes per day (and prior to breakfast) to do so.

Any and all suggestions will be gratefully received and many (I'm sure ;)) will be considered / attempted.

P.s. My issue is this: I'm down to a 30" waist trouser size (although really that's my hip dimension as I tend to wear low waist jeans, etc.), but I have a bulbous overhang of around 2.5" of fat, which I need to shed.

I've been changing the diet and will continue to reduce my carb intake over the coming year (at first to 150g per day, then 120, and so on), but I need to do more to trim the stomach - I walk a fair bit already, but will be fast-walking my eldest to pre-school three in five days every week from September (it's 1.4miles each way).

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can't selectively reduce any area, it's a myth.

The only thing you can do is what you are already doing and reduce your fat overall.

The walking's a good start - can you take a longer route home?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
As Dave says, you can't target a particular area of fat. Keep plodding. What may help the appearance is abdominal crunches which may help tone or tighten the area a little too.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Thanks guys,

You've confirmed what I already knew deep down but just didn't want to face :facepalm:

Oh well, it looks like I'm gonna just have to 'up the ante' overall :blackeye: