Sporty Forty.e t

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What I earth do you do with the broom shank?! Dare I ask!
use it to help you rotate the shoulder outwards. I did it with an imaginary broom shank this morning as I couldn't be bothered coming downstairs for the brush. It does seem to be helping which is just as well as the good shoulder is aching too now from the limewashing.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
use it to help you rotate the shoulder outwards. I did it with an imaginary broom shank this morning as I couldn't be bothered coming downstairs for the brush. It does seem to be helping which is just as well as the good shoulder is aching too now from the limewashing.
God I hope it heals soon! With the hols here I have managed 2 walks a day and I have lost a pound! Yay!!!!

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
We don't really bother celebrating. And tbh I reckon I can make a better meal than most of the places round here. At least that way I'm not paying for a bucket load of carbs I can't eat.
Fair play! Ours is coming up in August but we might go out to somewhere like cafe rouge where you can get lots of fish and salad. Or the tapas bar.

Reactions: 2 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
God I hope it heals soon! With the hols here I have managed 2 walks a day and I have lost a pound! Yay!!!!

........yes yay for you Scandi :D Saw in another thread that you were fed up as you'd put weight on, now its going the right way, great :smug:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
........yes yay for you Scandi :D Saw in another thread that you were fed up as you'd put weight on, now its going the right way, great :smug:
Thank you! :)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2hrs so far on the wall of doom and 21 minutes on exercise bike. Well 21 mins and 16 secs exactly as that was when Market Square Heroes stopped.

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I feel smug! :angelic: Not only have I done my walk this morning but I have walked to the park 45 mins away, done 5x10 on the seated squat, 3x10 on the lat pull down and 2x10 on the shoulder press in the park, played boules and then walked 45 mins home. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 8 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...wow Scandi you've gone way above and beyond!

Walked into town, 25 mins, to get my shopping, didn't walk back, too heavy, so skipping [yes I know!] and brisk walk this afternoon, tons of water when I got back as still very muggy...[phew smiley]

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was posting something on another thread yesterday and I mentioned that when I was at school we had 3 reports a year, one each term, but that I only delivered one a year to my parents. So that meant I only had to work for a third of the time. So I might have worked out why it is so hard for me to stick to daily exercise, maybe I need to rest for 2/3 of the time, huh? So I have forced myself to do 2 more x 10 minute walks today. It really is hard trying to be a little bit more like everyone else. Sunday is a day of rest, right?

Well done Scandi and Pollylocks, you put me to shame....again.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I was posting something on another thread yesterday and I mentioned that when I was at school we had 3 reports a year, one each term, but that I only delivered one a year to my parents. So that meant I only had to work for a third of the time. So I might have worked out why it is so hard for me to stick to daily exercise, maybe I need to rest for 2/3 of the time, huh? So I have forced myself to do 2 more x 10 minute walks today. It really is hard trying to be a little bit more like everyone else. Sunday is a day of rest, right?

No because you are our cheer leader and that requires calorie burning;)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

@zand what genius, and devious too.
You don't have to be like everyone else. You are zand and unique. But no need to hide your efforts from us, bet you could come up with some activity to make up the time.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Oh, I get it, you did the extra 20 mins. In that case sorry for the unnecessary encouragement/nag.

Well done zand, I knew you would do it, and will tomorrow too.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, I get it, you did the extra 20 mins. In that case sorry for the unnecessary encouragement/nag.

Well done zand, I knew you would do it, and will tomorrow too.

Well yes I did make up the time today......but Dillinger's thread suits me better.....2 minutes exercise for only 5 days a week...perfect. I am trying really hard with this 40 minutes, honestly....I would just prefer to do 4 hours 40 min one day a week and then rest for the other 6 days. But I guess that's not really the point is it? I get points for trying to conform, yeh?

Yes I'll do it tomorrow, I'll get up early tomorrow. Today I overslept till 6.45, it was way too late to start exercising then.;)

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I almost put in a sick note. After feeling sick at the pool yesterday and needing heavy duty antihistamine for allergic reaction to insect bites I slept for 13 hours last night. Not able to go out as can't drive doped up. Got to thinking of new ways to exercise, as it is important to vary activities. Then remembered my dear departed mum, who thought folks were crazy paying to go to the gym. She maintained they were not needed in her day as housework did the trick.
So lying around feeling sorry for myself I noticed a lot of cobwebs around the ceiling. It has been two and a half years since I was up to doing a proper clean of the house, and although others have been keeping it hygienic, there were dust bunnies running about all over the place.

So I claim as my exercise today the full clean of a bathroom, ceiling to floor, mirror, tiles windows, bath, basin, toilet scrubbed until they gleam. Then ceiling to floor removal of cobwebs dusted polished and carpet vacuumed on the landing. Did you know you can vacuum the carpet sitting down? Well I found that out today when my legs had had enough. I spent a total of 5 hours on the cleaning, with about an hour and a half resting in between periods of activity. I actually enjoyed myself, and Mr Pipp was wise enough to keep out of my way. Last time I had a mad clean like that was just before I went into labour with my (now grown up) daughter. Nesting instinct.

I am tired, achy, but well pleased with my efforts, and it was very satisfying to take a cool shower in the pristine bathroom before someone else messes it up.

Reactions: 10 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well yes I did make up the time today......but Dillinger's thread suits me better.....2 minutes exercise for only 5 days a week...perfect. I am trying really hard with this 40 minutes, honestly....I would just prefer to do 4 hours 40 min one day a week and then rest for the other 6 days. But I guess that's not really the point is it? I get points for trying to conform, yeh?

Yes I'll do it tomorrow, I'll get up early tomorrow. Today I overslept till 6.45, it was way too late to start exercising then.;)
Oh, 6:45! As a night owl I don't get that. Unless maybe it was the last thing I did before going to sleep for the night.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I claim as my exercise today the full clean of a bathroom, ceiling to floor, mirror, tiles windows, bath, basin, toilet scrubbed until they gleam. Then ceiling to floor removal of cobwebs dusted polished and carpet vacuumed on the landing. Did you know you can vacuum the carpet sitting down? Well I found that out today when my legs had had enough. I spent a total of 5 hours on the cleaning, with about an hour and a half resting in between periods of activity. I actually enjoyed myself, and Mr Pipp was wise enough to keep out of my way. Last time I had a mad clean like that was just before I went into labour with my (now grown up) daughter. Nesting instinct.

I am tired, achy, but well pleased with my efforts, and it was very satisfying to take a cool shower in the pristine bathroom before someone else messes it up.

OK I feel bad now. It's years since I did 5 hours cleaning!:( Yep, I'll try harder.....maybe Monday, 'cos I've got lots to do tomoz already. 5 hours! Alright, starting tomorrow I'll try to time how long I spend actually working and how long I spend shirking (but I won't be 'fessing up to you guys) Thanks Pipp (that's from hubby, not me):(

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK I feel bad now. It's years since I did 5 hours cleaning!:( Yep, I'll try harder.....maybe Monday, 'cos I've got lots to do tomoz already. 5 hours! Alright, starting tomorrow I'll try to time how long I spend actually working and how long I spend shirking (but I won't be 'fessing up to you guys) Thanks Pipp (that's from hubby, not me):(
Aw, @zand. Didn't mean to make you feel bad. Guessing it was my equivalent of manic phase, and you must realise that what took me 5 hours most people would be able to do in an hour. Think I am high on ketosis or something because I have stuck at Newcastle dieting since Wednesday. This has to be the new start I needed after my recent spectacular stumble into carb hell.