Fallen Off The Diabetes Wagon!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I sometimes slip up and have a carb fest then feel rotten. It doesn't happen much but I just can't help myself. I figure I am human and humans slip up.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
And there's me thinking you were a goddess! ;)
Hail Jamrox!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You are right @sanguine.

Majority of people posting are helpful. It does get confusing sometimes though when some posters want to evangelise about their particular diet regime. I messed up big style a while ago, and one or two people influenced that by comments encouraging me to see what spiked blood glucose. My own responsibility, but they did not help.
We could always try and enlist Jessie Pavelka to get you into shape! Cover your eyes now @sanguine - this ones strictly for the girls:D
image.jpg

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Were eating similar things then. I make my crust less quiche with eggs, double cream, a tin of crab or 2 depending on whether I'm making it for 2 or 4. I also do oven roasted med veg in olive oil herbs and garlic butter and after 20 mins add cherry toms and asparagus and lemon wrapped in sea bream for a further 10 mins then drizzle the lot in pesto when it comes out the oven. Salmon is another fave.
Can't believe I've got to teach maths. No idead what a maths lesson should look like and they can't give me any prepared ones either. All of out language ones are on idiot proof slides with answers so even if you can't speak a word of French you can deliver the lesson. Infact, I had this exact situation this year and the guy didn't have to do anything other than turn up! Well, at least I'll be extending my skill set! Makes me more marketable as it's highly unlikely that ll have a job next year!
Except your dishes sound much less big standard than mine! :)
Link all your maths to diabetes!
The school isn't doing it's job if you aren't being assisted in order to cope with new duties.
Go on TES forums and see if there's any help there.
Any high school maths teachers on here? Hello! Are you out there!HELP!
Good luck!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We could always try and enlist Jessie Pavelka to get you into shape! Cover your eyes now @sanguine - this ones strictly for the girls:D
View attachment 6081

Everyone seems to like real men.. I like mine really thin with floppy hair and thin fingers. I'm a bit obsessed with that bit in Atonement when they are in the tea room as James McEvoy has lovely hands.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Everyone seems to like real men.. I like mine really thin with floppy hair and thin fingers. I'm a bit obsessed with that bit in Atonement when they are in the tea room as James McEvoy has lovely hands.
Don't care for skinny! Must have broad shoulders! I've got a bit of a thing for bottom lips! A good sense of humour is important too! And a brain. Not that I'm demanding or anything!
image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't care for skinny! Must have broad shoulders! I've got a bit of a thing for bottom lips! A good sense of humour is important too! And a brain. Not that I'm demanding or anything!
View attachment 6109

I just don't do manly men. Hence my crush on Kenneth Williams ( and yes I know I'm odd and he is gay- most of the men i go for seem to be). A brain is very important too just as long as they don't engage it too often to overrule me.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just don't do manly men. Hence my crush on Kenneth Williams ( and yes I know I'm odd and he is gay- most of the men i go for seem to be). A brain is very important too just as long as they don't engage it too often to overrule me.
Kenneth Williams??!! :hilarious:

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
I have, once again, fallen off the wagon!!
1) I have just got my HBA1c results back, the figure is 54, is that a good result please?

So you've fallen off the wagon again and you've got an HbA1c of... 54! :nailbiting:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez,
By your standards, I've not just fallen off the wagon I've actually achieved what Columbus and Drake couldn't: fallen off the edge of the world.

You're doing really well @AmandaAnne , but if you're feeling a bit burnt out from all the effort and 'trying to do the right thing', then perhaps it's time for a different approach?

This is what I've been doing (and I've 36 years of poor diabetes control to undo): I take each big change / target and break them into smaller challenges / tasks, I then run with one or two of those at the same time over a period of several months or until it suddenly dawns on me that I haven't needed to think about 'not doing x' or 'not buying / eating y' for me to move on to the next change / target.

So far this process has been working very well for me: I haven't bought a packet of sweet biscuits or binged on a chocolate bar in six months, and now I wonder why it is I ever did! I've lost around 4kg in that time and seen my BG's become much more even and less Himalayic.

I'm moving onto the next stage of my program of change this coming month; once I'm used to that one, I'll move onto the next stage, and so on...

As the saying goes, 'Rome wasn't built in a day' - and we all need a break from pressure and routine at least once a week :)

Best wishes.

Reactions: 3 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The complications thing is also a great motivator for me too! My aunt was on meds and has increased in size following the carbs with every meal and has now progressed to insulin. Sometimes I get miffed when I fancy a glass if wine but shouldn't. Like last night! I still maintain it's an insidious illness as that one biscuit often has no feeling of impact but then 1 biscuit (or costa strawberry and cream cooler @dianagrace ) leads to another, then another etc. never mind @Pipp and Diana, when we're 10 stone we can strut our stuff and show these youngsters how it's done. I am watching obese: a year to save my life on sky living at the mo for all the wrong reasons! Would be quite happy to volunteer if I could have the yummy Jessie Pavelka as my coach. Does this make me a cougar? :D:hilarious:

You traitor, @Scandichic !! It is my only weakness..... ;)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App[/QUOTE]

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 6109
Well done on the weight loss this week. About the man type,
I'm wondering if we need a new thread - "thinking woman's crumpet" especially as there are too may carbs in a real crumpet. Mine would be John McEnroe. My thing is nose shape. So I would have to add Paul Newman. I like blondes too so add Robert Redford. Then there's dark hair and blue eyes so add John Travolta. Also the rugged look so that would be Daniel Craig ... Hmm maybe I don't have a type :)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on the weight loss this week. About the man type,
I'm wondering if we need a new thread - "thinking woman's crumpet" especially as there are too may carbs in a real crumpet. Mine would be John McEnroe. My thing is nose shape. So I would have to add Paul Newman. I like blondes too so add Robert Redford. Then there's dark hair and blue eyes so add John Travolta. Also the rugged look so that would be Daniel Craig ... Hmm maybe I don't have a type :)

I am with you on Robert Redford. Also quite like McEnroe though my tennis crush is Andy Murray- I know, odd again!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I know it is wrong on every level. It was Carry on Screaming that did it.
I am with you on Robert Redford. Also quite like McEnroe though my tennis crush is Andy Murray- I know, odd again!
cold ethyl, you are making me laugh so much.
All these posts make me wonder what are the blokes like who are you Misters?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
cold ethyl, you are making me laugh so much.
All these posts make me wonder what are the blokes like who are you Misters?

Mr Ethyl looks like a cross between a younger David Essex and the Dad in Little House on the Prairie. Not my usual type at all- though I dd have a thing about Lee Mead and I suppose he is in that mould.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mr Ethyl looks like a cross between a younger David Essex and the Dad in Little House on the Prairie. Not my usual type at all- though I dd have a thing about Lee Mead and I suppose he is in that mould.
Mmmm! Now that is good taste!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry @AmandaAnne . We have gone way off topic here. If this was my thread I would be having a hissy fit by now.