Confused

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi one was given to me while in hospital,the other was a freebie from accu chek but think the tapes a bit costly

The Accu chek mobile cassettes are very costly if you buy locally. I get mine from eBay where they are a great deal cheaper, but you need to read all the descriptions first to make sure they are not out of date.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There have been high readings reported with the mobile. The manufacturers suggest that one reason is shaking hands or pressing on the test strip.
They have issued new instructions on how to test
https://www.accu-chek.co.uk/gb/mobiletrainingleaflet.html

I also noticed there has been a warning about falsely low readings if you are taking an antibiotic:ceftriaxone
I think I will post another thread about that.

Reactions: 2 people

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
It is interesting all these meters that people have,

I have only had 2 meters, the first was replaced free after 10 years (when I got the test fluid they realised how old my meter was) the old one was still working OK.

I have not given it much thought, I suppose I expected everyone knew ???

The test strips have the blood sample in them not the meter so there is nothing in the meter that can get a build up or get contaminated in the meter.

So these meters should last as long as any other purely electronic device. The only part of the meter that can mechanically fail is the strip socket and you should know if you have to fiddle with the strip to get a connection.

So like all the electronic stuff, if it works out of the box then it should be fine for many years but do not drop it or lose it.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @bluetit I'm using the freestyle lite and you only need just the tiniest drop of blood for it...I also had the accu chek but preferred freestyle more (and they use abbott in hospitals too)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I used the accu active and rang them for an upgrade and they posted the new 15197:2013 Spec Performa ll
not bad for a freeby and they are doing a pay 40 get 40 cash back through discount chemists

Probably the most important thing for a meter I s if it's 15197:2003 or the new 15197:2013 specification

I don't like the accu fast click drum pen that came with it because it doesn't have the stab lancet button and is a Biro click

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used the accu active and rang them for an upgrade and they posted the new 15197:2013 Spec Performa ll
not bad for a freeby and they are doing a pay 40 get 40 cash back through discount chemists

Probably the most important thing for a meter I s if it's 15197:2003 or the new 15197:2013 specification

I don't like the accu fast click drum pen that came with it because it doesn't have the stab lancet button and is a Biro click
Hi @jack412, I don't know if you have the soft clix, I'm using it ATM, it's pretty good, virtually pain free :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My name is Clarence I live inl PlymouthPlymouth I am 77years old and have type 2 for 4 weeks,I have 2 test metres the accu chek aviva and the accu chek mobile,I have taken 2test at the same time and both metres show a different reading.one shows 8.8 the other one 11 .5 which one should I believe

Clarence, do as already suggested and get a little bottle of control solution for your meters - Accu-Chek should supply you with them free of charge. You can then test the meters/strips to see if they are working within their permitted ranges.

Did you test using the same or two different drops of blood? I f you used two separate drops that may be another reason for two different readings as apparently your blood glucose is changing all the time so it's possible to get two different results with different drops of blood even though they may have been taken very close together in time. But my guess too would be contamination of some sort.

It's all very confusing isn't it!

I did similar checks recently when I was moving over to use a new meter: out of several tests I just got one where there was a big difference between the two; washed my hands, did a re-test and got almost identical readings from both meters. Each time I used the same drop of blood for both meters.

Robbity