At last...my weight has gone down

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost 1 1/2 lbs this week:) my weight plateaued for about 5 weeks then went up and plateaued again for a couple of weeks, now it has gone down. I don't know if it coincidence or the teaspoon of coconut oil I have been eating on a morning. Whatever it is I am happy!

Reactions: 21 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Most people who lose weight go through periods of plateau. Well done for sticking with it :)

Reactions: 9 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
well done to you your doing fab xx

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Bet you're doing the happy dance now!!!!!!!
I too had plateaued for weeks and have lost a pound today! Feels good, doesn't it! I have included an additional walk! One first thing and one early evening!:D

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't want to steal someone else's thread but since I quit mucking about testing what spiked bloods, I am also starting to lose weight again.
Hurrah for everyone struggling but not giving up.

Reactions: 10 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
well done scandi and pipp. I have lost another pound this week so will carry on with the coconut oil! I would do a happy dance if I didn't have a swollen ankle! it is alot better than yesterday and I think I will be dog walking again tomorrow. I did manage to hobble round lidl earlier!

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well done scandi and pipp. I have lost another pound this week so will carry on with the coconut oil! I would do a happy dance if I didn't have a swollen ankle! it is alot better than yesterday and I think I will be dog walking again tomorrow. I did manage to hobble round lidl earlier!
Take it easy. Lots of exercise can be done sitting down. I like Pilates, you can lie down for much of that.

Reactions: 5 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Well done... my problem is trying to keep my weight up most of us skinnies find that I think
My wife and I have opposing views about that. She is under 7 stone and wishes she was heavier. I was 20 stone at diagnosis and would like to be nearer to 7 stone.

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was skinny and underweight until after I was married and went on the pill. The weight's crept up on me gradually ever since. I'm currently still very much overweight but I've never thought of myself as fat - probably because of my skinny start - although looking in the mirror tells me otherwise. After losing a lot of my extra weight very quickly I've been stuck on my plateau for going on going on 5 months now....

Robbity

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I was skinny and underweight until after I was married and went on the pill. The weight's crept up on me gradually ever since. I'm currently still very much overweight but I've never thought of myself as fat - probably because of my skinny start - although looking in the mirror tells me otherwise. After losing a lot of my extra weight very quickly I've been stuck on my plateau for going on going on 5 months now....

Robbity
My weight is driving me nuts. I have gone up and down between 13 st 3 to 13 st 5. Yesterday I was 13 st 4 and am sure after walk will be 13 st 4. Am drinking plenty but don't feel like I'm peeing it out. Have increased my exercise, am sticking carefully to LCHF. Just got to work through it I suppose but I understand why people give up. Shan't because I can't. I really have to get rid of this extra weight. All 3 stone of it but at this rate it's going to be never! I'm sure it'll start again but when?! Arrrggghhh. On the other hand all this exercise has brought my bp down. Daren't take my ramapril in case I go too low! Bottom figure in low 70s! Don't know how long it takes to go out of system. Forgot to get prescription, remembered but chemist closed then weekend. Highest bipottom reading 83. Am going to ring doc to discuss.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on the weight loss.

On a different note, where do you buy your coconut oil? It has just come up in a search on here as an answer to constipation, and if it helps weight loss too then it's just what I need.

Edit - Ignore that. Just bought some in half price sale from Holland & Barrett - got free delivery as I bought 2!

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Scandichic - not sure you're going to like this, but here goes...........:cool:

In your shoes, I'd be doing one of a couple of things. I think I know which I would choose. So, I would either:

• Option one: Put the scales away for a month. Not weigh for a month. Not measure for a month. Reading here, you appear to be becoming almost tortured and fixated by your weight, and that's not healthy. If, and I have no reason to challenge your integrity, you are sticking to your eating plan, with no sneaky carb or calorie-feasts, the weight will shift. In "healthy", "normal" people, weight varies on a day to day basis, and that's often slightly accentuated in women because of the impact of cyclical hormonal activity. Ignore it for a while. It will even out.
  • Option two: invest some time in updating a food diary with your current activity and review your calorie intake. I really don't care what anybody says, if someone is eating 5000 carb-free calories, and sitting around all day, they will gain weight. I'm absolutely not suggesting this is you, but it am sometimes astonished how many calories I have troughs my way through in an busy, active, hungry day. Yesterday being a case in point. Ahem. Something like myfitnesspal on the iPhone or better still ipad only takes moments to update, once your foods are in there and I find it a great tool, if I find myself with an unexpected reading, or a weight anomaly. But, back to the point. Maybe you have reached a point where your consumption is about right for the weight you have achieved? I seem to recall @Andy12345 talking about this at some stage. Sorry if I mis-remembered Andy. :)
  • Option three: Adopt a short period of dietary change; either increase or decrease your consumption. In your shoes, I might go really hard core for a couple of weeks - especially as you are now on holiday, so are not having to rush meals in school breaks, and so on. Maybe the Atkins Induction (I think @Debmcgee did something like this recently?) could give some useful pointers? I'm not suggesting a long term change in eating pattern, just something to nudge your body out of it's apparently comfortable state.
It's a mixed blessing this is happening at school holidays, but at least you probably have a bit more thinking time to plan your next assault.

I don't want to seem preachy Scandi; especially as for me the weight loss just happened. One thing I will mention in my own journey was that I didn't weight myself at all for the first 4 months after diagnosis. This wasn't really a deliberate decision. I just didn't have scales here, and I never encountered any pay scales when out and about. When people commented I'd lost weight and enquired how much, I could only confirm my clothes were looser, but I had no idea what the scores on the doors were. I look back now and think that was a bit of a lucky break, as it allowed me to fully focus on my blood scores, and I find one fixation at a time works best for me. ;)

Good luck with it all Scandi, but maybe it's time to think through that old adage that goes something like, "if you always do the same thing, your always see the same results".

Reactions: 11 people