boot camp

griswolds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hiya I've just joined Essex boot camp and so far have done 2 sessions, I've managed to get by with no lows yet!!!! Has anyone had experience of doing these boot camps and can give me advice ( what should I aim for my sugars to be before I start) so far I've managed to get by, by sipping lucozade during the session...
Thanks
Les

cuddles1985

Hiya I've just joined Essex boot camp and so far have done 2 sessions, I've managed to get by with no lows yet!!!! Has anyone had experience of doing these boot camps and can give me advice ( what should I aim for my sugars to be before I start) so far I've managed to get by, by sipping lucozade during the session...
Thanks
Les

Hi im in the same boat as you just going into my 4th week now. I was doing everything wrong... I made sure my BS levs were 13 or more but they only need to be between 8-10 so i was told on here. And to make sure you test after 30mins. How are you finding it? I love doing them!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

griswolds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I couldn't believe how hard it was, but felt great once I could breath again LOL , and OMG how much did my thighs hurt the next day.... But so far I'm enjoying them, next one is tonight..

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love exercise classes! mine are usually at least an hour any VERY intense. Circuits / boot camps / HITT / Boxercise. I just make sure my readings are a little higher than normal, eat something high carb before hand, bread, porridge etc and inject less than i normally would = all ok.