Diabetic Craft Club

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Opalshards I love the green set,and also the purple would be perfect for my wedding.

I haven't began to market them yet I have registered with Easy and Folksy. I made two clear crystal sets one with Butterflies and one with hearts but the file was too big to load. If you want anything special let me know and I will make it for you. If you don't like what I make you are under no obligation to buy. I will be charging £20 per set including P&P. I can only make a one off design (unique) as a lot of my beads are Lamp work one of a kind, so I can't make more than one set of that design. If you are interested please let me know. Hugs. Opal.x

Butterfly set.png Hearts set.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

reidergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I haven't began to market them yet I have registered with Easy and Folksy. I made two clear crystal sets one with Butterflies and one with hearts but the file was too big to load. If you want anything special let me know and I will make it for you. If you don't like what I make you are under no obligation to buy. I will be charging £20 per set including P&P. I can only make a one off design (unique) as a lot of my beads are Lamp work one of a kind, so I can't make more than one set of that design. If you are interested please let me know. Hugs. Opal.x

View attachment 6015 View attachment 6017
I'd love the purple set please

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I love those opal, they are lovely. They will sell.

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ca
No, they are hanging on the walls of family and friends. I thought I could do some things like that to sell on Etsy as a project for after September (not that I have even set up an Etsy account yet!). I am pretty much committed to getting crafty items made for our village craft stall in Sept, but I do have loads of picture frames stored in the spare room (2 big boxes of them) which I could upcycle and do pictures for.

However, I also have a third book in my historical novel series to edit, and am half way through a new young adult novel with a time shift element, so I should be getting on with those. I keep telling my husband there is no way I can possibly get a job with all the interests to follow!
Have you been published? Are they on Kindle? I like that genre.

A

AnnieC

I was always a big crafter all my adult life and tried all sorts and apart from knitting crochet and making clothes for my daughters when they were young I have made teddy bears miniature ones mostly with jointed limbs..collectors bears not toys...knitting for tiny porcelain dolls with really thin cotton and needles not much bigger than pins..Egg craft.. Faberge style egg decorating,... parchment craft, card making and recent years it was more shabby chic and altered art. I did run an online craft group and we swapped ATC's...Art Trading Cards... and other vintage style stuff. Not done much lately as my eyes are not to good at the moment just waiting to have my cataracts removed got my assessment next week then hope to do some more sewing cushion covers, bunting etc

Reactions: 4 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was always a big crafter all my adult life and tried all sorts and apart from knitting crochet and making clothes for my daughters when they were young I have made teddy bears miniature ones mostly with jointed limbs..collectors bears not toys...knitting for tiny porcelain dolls with really thin cotton and needles not much bigger than pins..Egg craft.. Faberge style egg decorating,... parchment craft, card making and recent years it was more shabby chic and altered art. I did run an online craft group and we swapped ATC's...Art Trading Cards... and other vintage style stuff. Not done much lately as my eyes are not to good at the moment just waiting to have my cataracts removed got my assessment next week then hope to do some more sewing cushion covers, bunting etc
Sounds fab. Post some pictures if you have any.

Today I am cutting felt eyes using one of those cutting machine thingies lent to me by another crafter in our village. I did try just cutting eyes freehand, but these will be better.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These are some of the items I've been making for our village craft stall.

IMG_1409.JPG IMG_1411.JPG IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1416.JPG IMG_1417.JPG IMG_1418.JPG IMG_1421.JPG IMG_1422.JPG IMG_1423.JPG IMG_1424.JPG

Reactions: 8 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unusual Annie new to me. Nice to se interesting stuff. Thank you for posting.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think all your crafts are so good, my so called craft is bring back a old car back to life. here is a photo of a old morris minor that is now happy,IMG_20130421_155732.jpg then and when she was completedminni minor.jpg My latest project is a 1970 austin healey sprite

Reactions: 14 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Fab things, fab pics.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No, hadn't thought to do that as I imagined them for use in the garden. I will test one out tonight and see if the bottom gets hot. Probably won't as the heat should be rising, but then it could when all the wax is molten.