Hot, hot nights

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe you're going to bed too early and not tired enough to sleep?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been having issues too, we've been leaving a fan on in the room for a few hours before sleepy time and we have the window open while we sleep.

Still almost unbearable though!

So stuffy D:

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I find a cool shower before bed,also cotton sheets help.

Reactions: 2 people

bobandpat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We have no central heating - a couple of gas fires and a couple of oil filled radiators. the best thing we did to the house was get the loft re-insulated.

As a consequence the upstairs can get very warm in weather like this so we have lifted the loft hatch lid out of the way and the hot air that rises is now lurking in the attic instead of the bedroom - the temp has dropped by about 3-4 degrees upstairs so bedtime is a little more bearable.
(And we have not been invaded by any attic monsters either)

we still use a fan, but have it on a timer switch. It also rests on a towel, rather than directly on a hard surface so it doesn't make quite so much noise.

Similar set-up to us, including the fan. Will try the idea with the loft hatch though, it never entered our heads to do that.

C

chris lowe

Similar set-up to us, including the fan. Will try the idea with the loft hatch though, it never entered our heads to do that.
I would be thinking all night about all the creepy crawlies up there coming down in the night. That would be enough to keep me awake

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
'Hot, hot nights'... I thought something saucy was going on!:woot: