What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast 1 weetabix (was at work today so didn't have time to bacon etc)
Lunch - but random but 4 hotdog sausages (0.7g carbs each) few scratchings, Apple and cheese
Dinner- cheeseburger (no bun!) Salad strawberries and cream

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie: a 3 egg scramble cooked in butter, and small coffee with cream

Lunch: a huge salad, greenery, coleslaw, a mini pork pie, a crustless quiche wedge, toms, cucumber, olives, feta, Brie. Lovely. The wee porker was an ok addition cos I've tested them before and been fine (a mini rise to go with a mini pie).

So imagine my surprise when I felt a bit weird at 2.5 hours and tested to discover a 9.7!!!

The heat? Too much food? Not enough to drink?
Didn't even think to test again, which is plain silly, because I posted yesterday suggesting someone else do exactly that.

Half an hour later I was at 6, and felt perfectly ok again. Very odd.
So I am notching it up to summer madness and ignoring it. :happy:

Supper with be a no-carb Brie and scratchings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't do it Sue. Have one then go for a walk...!!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brekkie: a 3 egg scramble cooked in butter, and small coffee with cream

Lunch: a huge salad, greenery, coleslaw, a mini pork pie, a crustless quiche wedge, toms, cucumber, olives, feta, Brie. Lovely. The wee porker was an ok addition cos I've tested them before and been fine (a mini rise to go with a mini pie).

So imagine my surprise when I felt a bit weird at 2.5 hours and tested to discover a 9.7!!!

The heat? Too much food? Not enough to drink?
Didn't even think to test again, which is plain silly, because I posted yesterday suggesting someone else do exactly that.

Half an hour later I was at 6, and felt perfectly ok again. Very odd.
So I am notching it up to summer madness and ignoring it. :happy:

Supper with be a no-carb Brie and scratchings.
Do you you think it could have been the coleslaw and not the porker? I am wary of carrots o_O

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Sue.

Blame the carrots .. Pork pies are far nicer. Was it home made coleslaw or bought? I.can manage a small dollop of shop bought but a reasonable portion of homemade as I use natural yogurt as well as the mayo.The bought ones are often high in sugars when you peer at the teeny tiny label.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you you think it could have been the coleslaw and not the porker? I am wary of carrots o_O
That's a good point. I'm wary of carrots too, and the sugar they put in the mayo, but it was only about a tablespoon...

The salad was a spur-of-the-moment fill-your-own-plastic-salad-tray in Asda, and it was absolutely delicious. A rare treat.

My fitness pal says the whole meal had about 26 carbs, 12 of them in my mini pie, so I am thinking that the reading was probably at the top of the error range for my meter, and I was just wilting in the unreasonably excessive heat.

Either that or my super-low cheese and scratchings regime has made my pancreas go on strike. Possible, I suppose.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I reckon it was just a bit too many carbs in one hit. You'd be surprised how much rubbish is in a 'healthy' salad bar like that....

We're destined to make our food forever :(

X

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yesterday started with good intentions, bf small porridge
Lunch som tam, chicken wings and minced pork spicy and sour salad
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1406552965.865216.jpg

Dinner we went out with family to a posh restaurant and it went downhill, cheeseburger with bacon ( it was small mind, fries and coleslaw & 4 profiteroles) best part was 4 pints of beer, not had beer for well over a year, tasty but slept terribly. BG 2 hrs after dinner 7.5

Today waking BG 8.2
bf small porridge
Lunch salad with cheese
An afternoon of swimming
Snack vegetable stir fry with pork
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1406553275.155822.jpg

Basketball for an hour
Dinner Som tam
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1406553322.581160.jpg
2 sq of 99% choc ( found this other day)

Reactions: 7 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday started with good intentions, bf small porridge
Lunch som tam, chicken wings and minced pork spicy and sour salad View attachment 6166

Dinner we went out with family to a posh restaurant and it went downhill, cheeseburger with bacon ( it was small mind, fries and coleslaw & 4 profiteroles) best part was 4 pints of beer, not had beer for well over a year, tasty but slept terribly. BG 2 hrs after dinner 7.5

Today waking BG 8.2
bf small porridge
Lunch salad with cheese
An afternoon of swimming
Snack vegetable stir fry with pork
View attachment 6167
Basketball for an hour
Dinner Som tam View attachment 6168 2 sq of 99% choc ( found this other day)

Bring us back a doggy bag!!!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast scrambled egg and bacon
Lunch Tuna mayo salad and dollop coleslaw and cottage cheese
Supper- Thanks to Brunneria, I had burgers on my mind so made a Mcdonalds in a bowl- homemade spicy turkey burgers, slice cheese, portabello mushrooms and homemade coleslaw and salad.. yummy though my mouth may have liked less jalpenos and hot pepper sauce!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I'm off work this week and it's another glorious day here on the Costa del Clyde so we had a family BBQ :joyful:

It was all veggie but not all T2 friendly. I skipped the kiddies' food of wholemeal rolls, garlic bread, corn cob, carrot sticks and tequila flavoured beer.

I had quorn peppered steak, cauldron sausages, veggie burgers, huge mushroom stuffed with garlic butter, oregano and mozzarella, salad, Deb's salad dressing, olives, a few Doritos and red wine. First BBQ since diagnosis and it was great.

Last edited:

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast scrambled egg and bacon
Lunch Tuna mayo salad and dollop coleslaw and cottage cheese
Supper- Thanks to Brunneria, I had burgers on my mind so made a Mcdonalds in a bowl- homemade spicy turkey burgers, slice cheese, portabello mushrooms and homemade coleslaw and salad.. yummy though my mouth may have liked less jalpenos and hot pepper sauce!

And WAY better than mcd poor excuse for a hamburger! Xxx

Reactions: 5 people

suehatton

My tea was horrible :-( you should be able to have a do-over if you dont like it. Started walking today. 1.5 miles. Not as fast as I'd like coz my trainer is 7 and pushed her dolly pram the whole way whilst asking unanswerable questions all the while!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm off work this week and it's another glorious day here on the Costa del Clyde so we had a family BBQ :joyful:

x1j1oy.jpg
2mqqgkl.jpg

It was all veggie but not all T2 friendly. I skipped the kiddies' food of wholemeal rolls, garlic bread, corn cob, carrot sticks and tequila flavoured beer.

I had quorn peppered steak, cauldron sausages, veggie burgers, huge mushroom stuffed with garlic butter, oregano and mozzarella, salad, Deb's salad dressing, olives, a few Doritos and red wine. First BBQ since diagnosis and it was great.

and I spy a moustachio- ed face on that plate.

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast scrambled egg bacon
Lunch three squares of cheddar pork scratchings
Dinner pork steak spring greens green beans
Sugar free jelly with cream

B

badcat

Not done this for a while so here goes - I'm celebrating the bounty of my garden

Breakfast - homemade low carb raspberry muffin
Lunch - homemade courgette and manchego cheese tortilla with salad
Dinner - cooked up a load of veggies out of my garden ( yellow courgettes, cavalo nero, yellow tomatoes, runner beans, purple French beans,purple kale, yellow patty pan, basil & flat leaf parsley) with some coconut oil, red onion, garlic and balsamic vinegar then mixed it into low carb (Konjac) spaghetti
Snacks - another muffin,15g 90% dark chocolate, 100g natural yogurt with a handful of raspberries

1178 cals & 42g carbs

Feeling very virtuous today!

Reactions: 6 people

suehatton

Is everyone losing weight fast?? Anecdotally low carb is supposed to make the weight fall off but Im finding it slow especially as I have 5 stone to lose, I would have thought any change of eating would have the first 2 stone drop off then knuckle down for the last 3. I was just expecting more after reading all the Atkins stories online.

Status
Not open for further replies.