Sporty Forty.e t

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
@aqualung I hope something gets sorted out for your son soon, you're his mum and the best one to know when something isn't quite right...

@Scandichic I've got that Dove Summer Glow too, bought it last summer but never plucked up the courage to use it, let us know if it works as we all seem to have white legs on here...:(

45 minute walk at lunch in that horrible spitty rain that we get, was pleased to get back inside..

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@aqualung a conversation in our house tonight.
Me - "Did you get an email about your Everton ticket?"
Hubby - "No"
Me - "Have you even looked at your emails today?"
Hubby - "No"

Now that's a man thing, right?:banghead:

Reactions: 5 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@aqualung a conversation in our house tonight.
Me - "Did you get an email about your Everton ticket?"
Hubby - "No"
Me - "Have you even looked at your emails today?"
Hubby - "No"

Now that's a man thing, right?:banghead:

Definitely a man thing!

Well my hubby came home in a bad mood. I said what are you in a bad mood for he said you really annoyed me this morning. That was hours ago get over it. He has gone out with the dog, I have come to bed. Happy days!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Did some stretching this morning, had a lovely walk at Lunchtime . Now just had the second salad of my day and watching tv.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
thanks ethyl. He is 15 (16 in September). I just feel something isn't right. I will contact the GP.
Contact your lea and ask for him to be assessed. There are time scales with the lea rather than the school. It is vital because he could be allowed more time in his Gcses. Parents are allowed to start the assessment process. @peacetrain have I got this right?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Definitely a man thing!

Well my hubby came home in a bad mood. I said what are you in a bad mood for he said you really annoyed me this morning. That was hours ago get over it. He has gone out with the dog, I have come to bed. Happy days!!

Oh we all have those moments! They really can be kids in big bodies! Just ignore it and be serene. Don't kill him. It's messy and you might struggle to get the blood out of the carpet. :hilarious:
@zand is your hubbie related to mine?!

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@aqualung I hope something gets sorted out for your son soon, you're his mum and the best one to know when something isn't quite right...

@Scandichic I've got that Dove Summer Glow too, bought it last summer but never plucked up the courage to use it, let us know if it works as we all seem to have white legs on here...:(

45 minute walk at lunch in that horrible spitty rain that we get, was pleased to get back inside..
Think I was a bit slap dash. Looks like I've just done a tough mudder, hubbie being merciless and calling me streaky, the git!

Reactions: 7 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Oh we all have those moments! They really can be kids in big bodies! Just ignore it and be serene. Don't kill him. It's messy and you might struggle to get the blood out of the carpet. :hilarious:
@zand is your hubbie related to mine?!

At this point I feel it's time for us guys to have a refresher in something you girls know intuitively:

The Secrets of Women's Language: Keywords and their meaning...

Fine:

This is the word we use at the end of any argument that we feel we are right about but need to shut you up. NEVER use fine to describe how a woman looks. This will cause you to have one of those arguments.

Five minutes:

This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the rubbish, so I feel that it's an even trade.

Nothing:

This means something and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down and backwards. “Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with the word "Fine".

Go Ahead (with raised eyebrows):

This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine".

Go Ahead (normal eyebrows):

This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care". You will get a raised eyebrow "Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing" and "Fine" and she will talk to you in about "Five Minutes" when she cools off.

Loud Sigh:

This is not actually a word, but is still often a verbal statement very misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing".

Soft Sigh:

Again, not a word, but a verbal statement. "Soft Sighs" are one of the few things that some men actually understand. She is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe and she will stay content.

Oh:

This word followed by any statement is trouble. Example; "Oh, let me get that". Or, "Oh, I talked to him about what you were doing last night". If she says "Oh" before a statement, run, do not walk, to the nearest exit. She will tell you that she is "Fine" when she is done tossing your clothes out the window, but do not expect her to talk to you for at least 2 days. "Oh" as the lead to a sentence usually signifies that you are caught in a lie. Do not try to lie more to get out of it, or you will get raised eyebrows "Go ahead" followed by acts so unspeakable that I can't bring myself to write about them.

That's Okay:

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can say to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you retributions for whatever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is often used with the word "Fine" and used in conjunction with a raised eyebrow and "Go Ahead". At some point in the near future when she has plotted and planned, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

Please Do:

This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance to tell the truth, so be careful and you shouldn't get a "That's Okay".

A woman is thanking you. Do not faint, just say you're welcome.

Thanks A Lot:

This is very different to "Thanks". A woman will say, "Thanks A Lot" when she is really cross with you. It signifies that you have hurt her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud Sigh". Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud Sigh", as she will only tell you "Nothing".

Reactions: 8 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
At this point I feel it's time for us guys to have a refresher in something you girls know intuitively:

Fine:

This is the word we use at the end of any argument that we feel we are right about but need to shut you up. NEVER use fine to describe how a woman looks. This will cause you to have one of those arguments.

Five minutes:

This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the rubbish, so I feel that it's an even trade.

Nothing:

This means something and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down and backwards. “Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with the word "Fine".

This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine".

This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care". You will get a raised eyebrow "Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing" and "Fine" and she will talk to you in about "Five Minutes" when she cools off.

Loud Sigh:

This is not actually a word, but is still often a verbal statement very misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing".

Soft Sigh:

Again, not a word, but a verbal statement. "Soft Sighs" are one of the few things that some men actually understand. She is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe and she will stay content.

Oh:

This word followed by any statement is trouble. Example; "Oh, let me get that". Or, "Oh, I talked to him about what you were doing last night". If she says "Oh" before a statement, run, do not walk, to the nearest exit. She will tell you that she is "Fine" when she is done tossing your clothes out the window, but do not expect her to talk to you for at least 2 days. "Oh" as the lead to a sentence usually signifies that you are caught in a lie. Do not try to lie more to get out of it, or you will get raised eyebrows "Go ahead" followed by acts so unspeakable that I can't bring myself to write about them.

That's Okay:

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can say to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you retributions for whatever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is often used with the word "Fine" and used in conjunction with a raised eyebrow and "Go Ahead". At some point in the near future when she has plotted and planned, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

Please Do:

This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance to tell the truth, so be careful and you shouldn't get a "That's Okay".

Thanks A Lot:

This is very different to "Thanks". A woman will say, "Thanks A Lot" when she is really cross with you. It signifies that you have hurt her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud Sigh". Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud Sigh", as she will only tell you "Nothing".
I can see your wife has trained you well! :hilarious:
Can I send Mr Scandi for some training?:rolleyes:
@aqualung and @zand may have some customers for her too! :D

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Haha love it. I'm going to share with my hubby.
Second day back to work, had my usual yoghurt and berries , my lovely cuppa tea and now I need to move...onwards and upwards.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....ha ha loved that post sanguine!!!

...my ex always used to say he knew it was time to make a swift exit if I started a sentence with 'and you needn't think...........' :p

@Scandichic praps I'll give Dove Summer Glow a miss....:oops:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
....ha ha loved that post sanguine!!!

...my ex always used to say he knew it was time to make a swift exit if I started a sentence with 'and you needn't think...........' :p

@Scandichic praps I'll give Dove Summer Glow a miss....:oops:
Going to try and deal with summer glow in shower! Looks like a maxi dress for me today! :shy:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Fine:

Five minutes:

Nothing:

Loud Sigh:

Soft Sigh:

Oh:

That's Okay:

Please Do:

Thanks A Lot:

I shared this with Mr Scandi and he elaborated on "fine."

Apparently it stands for
F**ked up
Insecure
Neurotic
Emotional

I note he told me this whilst running out the door to work chuckling! He also added that wife stands for
Washing
Ironing
F**king
Et cetera

My response: "oh" with a raised eyebrow! I think this is a man who likes to live dangerously!
But there's one thing you forgot to add! The sweet smile.
This is usually linked up with revenge purchasing.
This is how it works. You commit some heinous act (not noticing new hair cut, not clearing up after self, mocking fake tan which has gone wrong, etc) and are rewarded with sweet smile. This is because we are thinking about that nice new dress we saw in the window of that shop, those shoes, that trollbead etc. we then quietly go out and purchase said item. Voila! Revenge purchasing. Is Mrs Sanguine a member of this site? I dare say we could fill her in on a few things! :D

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
. Is Mrs Sanguine a member of this site? I dare say we could fill her in on a few things! :D

No she's not! She has normal blood sugars but still eats LCHF with me for general health and weight reasons and to make meal planning easier.

I'm not the author of that post of course, but I do recognise 'sweet smile' - nice one. Dad and I always knew if Mum was in a strop about something because the vacuum cleaner would come out (chairs and tables would put on shin pads at this point) or she would decide to move all the pots and pans from one cupboard to another - at least that's what it sounded like. Mrs Sanguine starts muttering to herself in these situations, at a volume that I can't quite make out what she's saying, like she's daring me to ask and prompting 'nothing'.

Anyway, moving along, I've just done the first 10 minute session on the rower since I pulled my back - seems fine (still using the voltarol as a precautionary measure for the time being).

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
No she's not! She has normal blood sugars but still eats LCHF with me for general health and weight reasons and to make meal planning easier.

I'm not the author of that post of course, but I do recognise 'sweet smile' - nice one. Dad and I always knew if Mum was in a strop about something because the vacuum cleaner would come out (chairs and tables would put on shin pads at this point) or she would decide to move all the pots and pans from one cupboard to another - at least that's what it sounded like. Mrs Sanguine starts muttering to herself in these situations, at a volume that I can't quite make out what she's saying, like she's daring me to ask and prompting 'nothing'.

Anyway, moving along, I've just done the first 10 minute session on the rower since I pulled my back - seems fine (still using the voltarol as a precautionary measure for the time being).
Glad back is getting better but be careful you don't overdo it! My weight and bs are driving me nuts at mo'. Weight fluctuates between 13st 4-5. Am being extra good so can't understand it. Upped water intake too but to no avail. Got excited other day when upped exercise and 13st 3 but next day 13 st 5 then day after 13st 4. Am just keeping going at mo' and doing as much exercise as poss as conscious that come September the academic year kicks in and I'll be hanging out for Oct hols to start up again. Free access to gym at school after 4 but then wasting an hour of paid childcare to work out. Walking machine there so could do that. Not really into walking in rain and wind. Too much hassle. Could work till 4:45 and do 45 mins in gym as compromise.
Am walking everywhere at the moment. Am looking after friends son for week so were going to the outdoor paddling pool and park for a few hours. Will then walk them on to Lidl to buy pizza for their tea and some salad so that hubbie and I can eat fish and salad without complaints. We love feta and olives but youngest refuses to eat them point blank. If I remember the cream I might make my famous strawberry ice cream. I limit dessert to twice a week even though it's LCHF.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going to try and deal with summer glow in shower! Looks like a maxi dress for me today! :shy:
Now I just look like I've been tangoed! Complete with streaks! Good job I don't take myself too seriously! Need new cozzie. Had intended holding off till near centre parks trip as had hoped to have lost weight but still static. :( Now where's that maxi dress?!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2hrs limewashing and 26 mins so far on bike. Back to wetting the wall of doom down when I catch my breath. Just need to get outside without taking a detour to dip spoon in the unctuous pan of ragu I've made for tonight.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
25 minutes on the numb bum garage machine and 15 minutes on my cross trainer.
Bum needed a rest. Hadn't been on cross trainer for ages but decided my bingo wings needed some work. .. flap flap they go lol

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
.....had to come back home at lunchtime to pick up something I'd forgotten and take it back to work doh, so was rushing for the whole hour but wouldn't call it a proper walk, so went for a half hour one when I got home, tea, then back out again for twenty minutes and ten minutes on the twistboard, about to flop down on the sofa and watch a bit of mindless telly I don't have to concentrate on.....:confused:

Reactions: 4 people