What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Is everyone losing weight fast?? Anecdotally low carb is supposed to make the weight fall off but Im finding it slow especially as I have 5 stone to lose, I would have thought any change of eating would have the first 2 stone drop off then knuckle down for the last 3. I was just expecting more after reading all the Atkins stories online.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I have lost 3 stone since Christmas. Quite slow I guess, but given I am eating loads and am never hungry, I call it a result. My priority is good BG, anything else is a bonus :)

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is everyone losing weight fast?? Anecdotally low carb is supposed to make the weight fall off but Im finding it slow especially as I have 5 stone to lose, I would have thought any change of eating would have the first 2 stone drop off then knuckle down for the last 3. I was just expecting more after reading all the Atkins stories online.

i think from personal experience that low carbing is pretty much the same in terms of weight loss as any other diet once the initial water loss has occurred- so 2 maybe 3lbs a week on a good week. Where I have found a difference is that I am not always on the hunt for my next mouthful of food so I am finding it a far better way to lose weight than whenever I have tried before. If you aren't seeing the results you like, try writing down what you eat or recording it in one of the online apps like myfitnesspal and seeing if you need to tweak quantities. I tend to be under 1200 cals a day most days.

Reactions: 4 people

suehatton

Thewalking may help. We bought a car about 6 weeks ago and while we were car-less I walked everywhere. Already lazy with shops etc. Off for the summer now so I can give it all more attention.

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Attachments

• 1406573048520.jpg
    1406573048520.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 229

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
lot of fruit! What's next to the sausage? And they look like after eight mints in the corner!!
No sausage. Chicken sandwich, carrot, berries, dates. Lettuce. Chocolate (not after eights) nuts apple tangerine

A

Avocado Sevenfold

ok so what are the black blobs next to the sticky dates( I'd rather have sausages)- look too big for blueberries.
If I could have anything off Andrew's plate with immunity, it would be the sticky dates :hungry:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still wouldn't eat the dates! I miss fruit so tomorrow I might give a small nectarine a go as part of lunch.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.