First Results Since Diagnosis !

Rico

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola Amigos !

When diagnosed in May, my fasting BG was 7.0 and A1C was 9.0 ! My trigs were so high that a reading couldn't be given ,,,,also, no protein in urine and BP 146/105 and I smoked a pack a day !!

Today,,,, fasting BG was 6.2 and A1C was 5.3 !!! :)
He said my trigs were 1.2 , LDL 1.3 HDL 1.9
BP 126/93
QUIT SMOKING

My fasting BG is always my highest number of the day, but it seemed that when I quit smoking on June 10th, all my numbers fell into good ranges,,,,,
I managed to do it just with diet and started experimenting recently with adding a few things back into my diet. So far, nothing has spiked my blood sugars at all, including regular Pepsi, which I thought would wreck my numbers , and bread ,,,,I'm not going to push my limits too much,,,,the last thing I want is another problem.
Just wanted to say that switching to LCHF and stopping smoking quickly put me into normal ranges for everything as far as I can tell :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Rico, that is brilliant. Congratulations! be careful when adding back though - it would be a shame to get back to bad ways and it's easily done.

Reactions: 2 people

Rico

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Rico, that is brilliant. Congratulations! be careful when adding back though - it would be a shame to get back to bad ways and it's easily done.
Thanks :) and you're so right ,,,, I'm not gonna push any limits but maybe not constantly worry as much either ! :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You do right, but keep an eye on your levels. Well done on your efforts though. To get those results since May is excellent and inspiring.

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.
Ah Rico..
We've spent the day at hospital today, my wife has kidney function problems. During one interlude, when they were trying to fill the Rottweiler with iron (she's gone aenemic - however you spell it) I turned to the male nurse who was passing the time of day and announced that I could just smoke a big fat cigar.

I'm not sure whether his expression indicated surprise, shock or alarm. I haven't smoked since 2002 and I didn't smoke cigars then...

Rico

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You do right, but keep an eye on your levels. Well done on your efforts though. To get those results since May is excellent and inspiring.
Will do ,,,, bought some more strips today !
Personally, I think quitting smoking had the biggest effect on me ,,, or maybe it's coincidence ,,, in either case smoking wasn't good for me !

Rico

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah Rico..
We've spent the day at hospital today, my wife has kidney function problems. During one interlude, when they were trying to fill the Rottweiler with iron (she's gone aenemic - however you spell it) I turned to the male nurse who was passing the time of day and announced that I could just smoke a big fat cigar.

I'm not sure whether his expression indicated surprise, shock or alarm. I haven't smoked since 2002 and I didn't smoke cigars then...
Im so sorry to read about your wife ,,,I hope she's on the mend ! :)
I'm not sure about the male nurses' comment either,,,lol

notned

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, cirrhosis, lymphoma, acronyms, green celery (because it's lazy), those computer programs that nag you night after night to download them and then, when you do, present reams of conditions and threats for you to accept before they'll run. DVDs that start with 5 minutes of threats - if I'd pirated it, then I'd surely leave those out.
Im so sorry to read about your wife ,,,I hope she's on the mend ! :)
I'm not sure about the male nurses' comment either,,,lol
Oh! I think they broke a couple of pumps and bent several needles... :)

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hola Amigos !

When diagnosed in May, my fasting BG was 7.0 and A1C was 9.0 ! My trigs were so high that a reading couldn't be given ,,,,also, no protein in urine and BP 146/105 and I smoked a pack a day !!

Today,,,, fasting BG was 6.2 and A1C was 5.3 !!! :)
He said my trigs were 1.2 , LDL 1.3 HDL 1.9
BP 126/93
QUIT SMOKING

My fasting BG is always my highest number of the day, but it seemed that when I quit smoking on June 10th, all my numbers fell into good ranges,,,,,
I managed to do it just with diet and started experimenting recently with adding a few things back into my diet. So far, nothing has spiked my blood sugars at all, including regular Pepsi, which I thought would wreck my numbers , and bread ,,,,I'm not going to push my limits too much,,,,the last thing I want is another problem.
Just wanted to say that switching to LCHF and stopping smoking quickly put me into normal ranges for everything as far as I can tell :)
Congratulations Rico!:) keep it up! Glad that a few lifestyle changes made your blood results better.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App