Not open for further replies.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just posted this in another (vegetarian) thread by accident!
How embarrassing! :bag:
However, since it had typed it out... Cut and paste is my friend...

Brekkie: jelly and cream - I know, I know, not an optimal choice, but when you are late, sleep deprived and only have 3 mins...

Snack: 70% choc

Lunch: pastrami and scratchings

Dinner: pork loin steak, half a tonne of sugarsnap peas (in butter)

Snack: berries n cream

Is anyone else getting a wee bit nervous about the end of bountiful berry season?

Reactions: 4 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie; bullet coffee/fat coffee (300 ml coffee with 40 g coconut oil and 45 g Kerrygold)
Afternoon coffee with 2 tsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp Jersey cream
Dinner; Duck breast with a buttery sauce with a small splash of red wine, kkakdugi (fermented daikon) and a small green salad
A little high on the protein but duck is so tasty, back to my burgers for the rest of the week. Had a bit of burger factory this evening and made 20 nicely spiced burgers from grass-fed beef mince.
If you can freeze some raspberries and strawberries, I usually use a tray and freeze them individually and then move them to a freezer bag. Put a couple of frozen berries in a glass of water and let them melt.

Reactions: 3 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is everyone losing weight fast?? Anecdotally low carb is supposed to make the weight fall off but Im finding it slow especially as I have 5 stone to lose, I would have thought any change of eating would have the first 2 stone drop off then knuckle down for the last 3. I was just expecting more after reading all the Atkins stories online.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine is taking FOREVER! I've plateaued over summer and am now weighing randomly if at all as it's too annoying. BG is my goal and until sept I'm not going to stress over weightloss. I'll still follow the plan as much as pos though.

It's so annoying isn't it?!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Make it a doggy bin liner. I could just eat the pork mince salady thing now.
I wish I could, I love being here because food is the No.1 priority activity for everything, so many weird and wonderful things to eat, when eating breakfast, lunch options are being discussed etc etc

I will get recipe for the pork mince and post later today

Reactions: 2 people

suehatton

Mine is taking FOREVER! I've plateaued over summer and am now weighing randomly if at all as it's too annoying. BG is my goal and until sept I'm not going to stress over weightloss. I'll still follow the plan as much as pos though.

It's so annoying isn't it?!

It is. BG is my goal too, and I am losing....13lb in 7 or 8 weeks but I was expecting more. Maybe my expectaions were unrealastic but I did this last yearand weight literally fell off! Dont think Im doing anything different but this time feels like a slogm

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is. BG is my goal too, and I am losing....13lb in 7 or 8 weeks but I was expecting more. Maybe my expectaions were unrealastic but I did this last yearand weight literally fell off! Dont think Im doing anything different but this time feels like a slogm

That's because you probably had bigger glycogen stores the first time rond - and that is what falls off so quickly when you first go low carb.

After that, unfortunately, it comes down to standard diet speed, depending on ketosis or calories, and physical activity, base metabolic rate, yada yada.

Sad but true.

I'm not a fan of rapid weight loss. Hunger, sagging skin and irritability, no thanks.

Why not chill, breathe deeply and enjoy the journey? There is so much to enjoy about low carb...

Reactions: 7 people

suehatton

That's because you probably had bigger glycogen stores the first time rond - and that is what falls off so quickly when you first go low carb.

After that, unfortunately, it comes down to standard diet speed, depending on ketosis or calories, and physical activity, base metabolic rate, yada yada.

Sad but true.

I'm not a fan of rapid weight loss. Hunger, sagging skin and irritability, no thanks.

Why not chill, breathe deeply and enjoy the journey? There is so much to enjoy about low carb...
Because 50 looms large!!!!!! Say no more??

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
AM
Salmon grilled with asparagus (4.3)
Half a pineapple slice

Lunch
Broccoli steamed (4.2)
Grilled chicken

Dinner
(went out Chinese restaurant)
Chinese dumplings
Mixed vegetables 2 hrs post (9.2)

And I thought I picked low carb? Maybe the starch?!
Note to self never to eat Chinese again!:(

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
AM
Half a pineapple slice

Lunch (pre dinner 4.5)
Broccoli steamed (4.2)
Grilled chicken

Dinner (pre dinner 4.2)
Chinese dumplings

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
AM
Half a pineapple slice

Lunch
Broccoli steamed (4.2)
Grilled chicken

Dinner
Chinese dumplings

I think Chinese is known for raising the blood sugar level.. Lots of wheat in cheap soy sauce I believe and sugar is cheap way of adding flavour to a dish.

Reactions: 2 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think Chinese is known for raising the blood sugar level.. Lots of wheat in cheap soy sauce I believe and sugar is cheap way of adding flavour to a dish.
Thanks @coldethyl...didn't know about that, just now, was diagnosed only recently :( and I ate so little (5 pcs of pork dumpling and one small plate of mixed vegetables... The rest of my companions ate noodles and rice and other starchy dishes...you're right @coldethyl the sauce with sugar and wheat must have been the culprit....

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also think anything with dumpling in its title is worthy of a cautious approach, but we each react differently.

I haven't had Chinese for well over a year. It was never a regular; we prefer Indonesian, Indian, Hispanic or creole for our spicy food.

Actually I have had the odd stir-fry, so the last para might be a bit bold, but nothing take-away or commercial sauces.

Reactions: 3 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Happy Bday Andrew

Bf small porridge
Lunch mushroom soup & teriyaki chicken wings with a wasabi mayo (exquisite sauce)
Dinner pickled mustard and pork
2sq 75% choc with mint
Coffee with cream
Loads of water
Think my insulin may of froze a tad in the fridge it was being kept in, will know in a few days :(

Status
Not open for further replies.