IVE BEEN SO BAD :( HELP & ADVICE NEEDED.

D

Deleted member 83869

Im alive all well and good, i start to think am i really a diabetic lmao, and no i barely test but when i do its always to high for the monitor. Do you have to be in good standing for a pump? Im in the UK so if i fit the criteria i could get one NHS funded. Im new to all this pretty much....well pump related. It would fit my life style more rather than doing it myself. Makes ita lot easier and stress free. Been watch videos, Animas Onetouch i think it is looks like one of the best thats if they have it here in the UK.

Do you test lol? yeah I am in the UK too! Well the pump...I believe is only given if injections don't work for you, so you would have to start them off properly again too! I know how you feel about not wanting to contact your healthcare team etc, I was in that boat too! Have you looked up the Accuchek combo?? :)

InsulinHero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes :L :D
'
Do you test lol? yeah I am in the UK too! Well the pump...I believe is only given if injections don't work for you, so you would have to start them off properly again too! I know how you feel about not wanting to contact your healthcare team etc, I was in that boat too! Have you looked up the Accuchek combo?? :)
'No i barely test but when i do ohh god /: I have literally given up on it all, yaaaay UK :D i will have a look now, but through some support of this community i have actually started to take it again. Currently on 22.4 but its coming down slowly which i guess is good.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

'

'No i barely test but when i do ohh god /: I have literally given up on it all, yaaaay UK :D i will have a look now, but through some support of this community i have actually started to take it again. Currently on 22.4 but its coming down slowly which i guess is good.
Oh dear! I'll message you lol! I 'll be happy to help because I'm pretty sure you don't want the complications I have already ha! And I am 20 too! :(

fatgirl1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who don't look after their pets
Hi James, I can totally sympathize with how you feel at the moment. When I was a teenager I decided I'd had enough of my diabetes. I wantedto be just like my friends, not having to worry about what I was eating or drinking, just wanted to enjoy myself without having to plan around my injections etc. Used to think 'its not fair' quite a lot. If this website and forum had been around then I probably wouldn't have ended up in hospital, 15 minutes away from dying. Luckily there are some amazingly 'normal' people on this forum who are giving you some potentially life saving advice. I wish you well and hope you let us all know how you get along.

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Only a few comments, but thats all its needed. Id like to thank all of you, i do see the severity with this situation and it may be a bleak and ****** thing but I'm going to make the best out of it. Going to start taking again today. THANK YOU. <3 Been reading up on pumps, might try and get one of those instead of doing it myself.

' No one can go back and make a new start, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending'
One day you may not be well enough to even write on here or even see the answers properly. so give diabetes a good ole kick up the derriere, and remember you rule diabetes, don't let it rule you.
Be strong and focus on a new beginning to get better control and to manage your diabetes better. It's hard slog at times, but don't let it beat YOU :)
Take good care and best wishes..

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Well you actually look too thin, and having bloods too high for your meter... Well you'll actually probably be spending some time in hospital before the end of the year if you don't change now...

You may look ok externally but inside you are doing yourself damage that may not be reversible.

Tbh you need to grow up..you got one life... And have been on the road to screwing it up.

Glad you come on to the forum. Are you getting some pleasure from worrying your girlfriend? If not, why are you giving another person in this world that cares for you reason to worry? It doesn't make sense?

You got to take the advice that people here are giving you.

Start testing and giving insulin.

I think you are under the illusion yhat a pump does it for you. Well it doesn't injections are actually easier in many ways....

You have to show commutment and that you have done everything in your power to get better control to even be considered for a pump.

There are a lot of people that try really hard to get their levels right and do everything they can to look after themselves, so why should you jump the queue for a pump when you just don't care?

Loving life

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sounded harsh above.
Welcome to forum. Am glad you have taken this step.
Lots of people have been in your position, I don't think one of us could say we all been angels...

However, please take on board the help and offers of messaging etc.

Diabetes is not a handicap... You can still have a great life and foods n drinks that you want.. You just got to test n inject.. All of what 30 seconds each time? Nothing to getting ED, sight problems, painful limbs etc... And thats just a few of the probs you you could end up with.

Please take the advice you are being given. You may be lean and look ok on outside, but inside?? You can't see. Don't give yourself regrets for the future.

You can look after yourself.. Better now, than later..

Loving life

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sounded harsh above.
Welcome to forum. Am glad you have taken this step.
Lots of people have been in your position, I don't think one of us could say we all been angels...

However, please take on board the help and offers of messaging etc.

Diabetes is not a handicap... You can still have a great life and foods n drinks that you want.. You just got to test n inject.. All of what 30 seconds each time? Nothing to getting ED, sight problems, painful limbs etc... And thats just a few of the probs you you could end up with.

Please take the advice you are being given. You may be lean and look ok on outside, but inside?? You can't see. Don't give yourself regrets for the future.

You can look after yourself.. Better now, than later..

Loving life

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IMHO Telling off someone by trying to shake sense into them, is a waste of typing.
I've tried to do that with my kids and they just glaze over

You aren't the first to hit a slump, as you have read
Try an appointment with the hospital clinic team I think they will be ok

The real diabetes org has online nurses and councelor that you can ring and chat with, without giving your name if you want

If your BG is all over the place and you're either hypo or 20, it's easy to throw your hands up and say F'it

There is also a free online course and workbooks for a refresher
Look at workbook 2 for a start and go from there
www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/newly-diagnosed.60873#post-583801

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Some kids glaze, but some in the slump can pick themselves up and think "hey, why am I causing others worry.. I not giving them fun, and I should be... Not worry"

Loving life

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Im alive all well and good, i start to think am i really a diabetic lmao, and no i barely test but when i do its always to high for the monitor, but to be perfectly honest, i don't feel like i need it, i drink normal amounts of liquids and i urinate at maximum 4 times a day. Do you have to be in good standing for a pump? Im in the UK so if i fit the criteria i could get one NHS funded. Im new to all this pretty much....well pump related. It would fit my life style more rather than doing it myself. Makes ita lot easier and stress free. Been watch videos, Animas Onetouch i think it is looks like one of the best thats if they have it here in the UK.

Don't fool yourself that your not diabetic as your high bg readings (when you do test) are saying otherwise. I really think that you've had a lucky escape thus far probably due to the fact that you've been in the Honeymoon stage of your diabetes.

Being in the denial about diabetes is quite common and most of us can relate to what your going through and feeling at this present time, but you do have to start taking your diabetes seriously otherwise things will eventually catch-up with you.

Rather than struggle along on your own, make contact again with your diabetes team and start to get back on top of your diabetes, once you do so you will feel much better in yourself and your girlfriend will stop worrying about you so much. Good luck James and keep us informed on your progress.

Reactions: 5 people