bg monitor strips

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was wondering where those who are prediabetic buy their test strips and how much they cost.

I am trying to look at all the options...

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was wondering where those who are prediabetic buy their test strips and how much they cost.

I am trying to look at all the options...
I can't see much of a difference between a prediabetic and a type 2 diabetic or anyone else really. If you want test strips you either find your own source, go to Ebay or buy an SD codefree meter.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't see much of a difference between a prediabetic and a type 2 diabetic or anyone else really. If you want test strips you either find your own source, go to Ebay or buy an SD codefree meter.

there is a difference as prediabetics pay VAT and diabetics don't

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
not only are we trying to keep our bg low to keep diabetes at bay we have to pay more to do it:(

On Amazon they ask if you are diabetic and it's just a yes or no answer- I'd be inclined to say yes. I can't see how they would know that you aren't and imagine it's just for their records. TBH if you are pre-diabetic then you are not a none diabetic in my book- it';s just a line drawn and you are over the normal range so I'd not feel guilty about a white lie.

Reactions: 4 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did actually think that today that there is a fine line for a prediabetic between being diabetic and not as we aren't non diabetic as such. Amazon didn't use to ask so there was no dilemma!!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i got my strips from amazon and paid vat

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazon have changed their system. Some listings are for diabetics and some for non diabetics, they don't have a dropdown box. It seems that diabetics can buy a box of 50 but non diabetics can only buy 2 boxes of 50.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazon have changed their system. Some listings are for diabetics and some for non diabetics, they don't have a dropdown box. It seems that diabetics can buy a box of 50 but non diabetics can only buy 2 boxes of 50.
That seems bizarre in itself (differing purchase minima). I'd drop the seller an enquiring note. In it you could explain your situation.

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
cold ethyl i didn,t see a box to drop down

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i bought 300 pin prick needles and 400 test strips

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think there is a dropdown box they have different listings for diabetics and non diabetics
Do you have the links to those?

I must admit, I buy directly from homehealth-UK.com, where the clearly explain the VAT situation. They also suggest you can clim it back, so that might be worth investigatin @ally1 , as you spent a bit. I buy direct to allow the retailer maximum profit, in the hope it keeps the price down. I'm not sure what margin they will pay to Amazon, or eBay, as a retailer, but it won't be zero.

http://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/blood_glucose_monitor_testing.htm

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have the links to those?

I must admit, I buy directly from homehealth-UK.com, where the clearly explain the VAT situation. They also suggest you can clim it back, so that might be worth investigatin @ally1 , as you spent a bit. I buy direct to allow the retailer maximum profit, in the hope it keeps the price down. I'm not sure what margin they will pay to Amazon, or eBay, as a retailer, but it won't be zero.

http://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/blood_glucose_monitor_testing.htm

non diabetic: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006B8JO98/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A4DI4ZJ5WTRP7

diabetic: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00690WTY0/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A4DI4ZJ5WTRP7

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just looked at amazon again and there is an option to order 50 or 100 both as a diabetic and non diabetic.