Diabetes Management apps

JamieVic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

My first visit to the forum and really enjoying it so far.

For a while I've been downloading and using a number of diabetes management iPhone apps but can never find one i'm happy with for more than a few weeks.

Does anyone have a favourite app they've stayed with long-term.

Thanks
Jamie

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jamie and welcome

I've been using mysugr since November and quite happy with it

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
What is it about mysugr that you like?

Do you also have the IBGStar blood testing meter? I used it a while ago and thought (the meter) was pants.

Thanks

Dillinger

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I have been using the new Dario system, a very easy and compact meter which uses smartphone to record results, excellent system.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I have to agree with this as well I have used a lot of apps and this is a good one and it includes a food diary

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
NovoRapid, Lantus, Victoza, Metformin (sr), Simvistatin

JamieVic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dario looks quite interesting. I've been looking for something to match my running apps which gives good motivation and this seems like a good one. I like how it gives an HbA1C predictor too. My only concern is that it has too many features and could get complicated.

I used mysugr for a bit but it just got bizarre with the weird tamagotchi type rewards. Will give it another go i think, looks like it's had a facelift.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is it about mysugr that you like?

Do you also have the IBGStar blood testing meter? I used it a while ago and thought (the meter) was pants.

Thanks

Dillinger
It does what I want - records BGs, insulin, food, exercise and has OK analytical features. Also syncs between devices (Pro version). I don't care for the monster though.

I dare say the Dario system is good but I haven't tried it and prefer the Accu-Chek mobile as a meter.

The novelty wore off the iBGStar when I got an iPhone 5.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dario looks quite interesting. I've been looking for something to match my running apps which gives good motivation and this seems like a good one. I like how it gives an HbA1C predictor too. My only concern is that it has too many features and could get complicated.

I used mysugr for a bit but it just got bizarre with the weird tamagotchi type rewards. Will give it another go i think, looks like it's had a facelift.
I use it mostly in logbook mode which avoids the monster. They should just leave that in the kids version imo.

JamieVic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm running 3 apps at the mo so I'll let you know how I get on!

Any other good ones to add to the list just let me know. I'm a diabetes app guinea pig :)

H

Hooked

Personally, I don't like the mysugr; simply because there was no way for me to increase the size of the font and it is impossible to read with my eyesight. Tried it for a few days and gave up.
I do like my iBGStar meter, and the ap that goes with it as the text is big and easy to read on it and I like the functions. I wonder why others have tired of it?

lizzy74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

For a while I've been downloading and using a number of diabetes management iPhone apps but can never find one i'm happy with for more than a few weeks.

Thanks
Jamie
I've just looked at the Dario meter, looks really good. It uses an app.

lizzy74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

Thanks
Jamie
I've just got on here, it is good isn't it?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As a pen and paper sort of girl I don't really get the techy stuff, but there are some posts by @Andrew Colvin who designed his own. Worth having a look?

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seconded on mysugr
Thirded.

Reasons? It's pretty simple, gives clear information, is easy to upload readings to, isn't in your face and is free to use. The Monster doesn't bother me but it irritates the life out of some people in my office :D

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
I prefer the App - BG Monitor it does have a paid version if you wish such an option other wise its great for tracking numbers, plus if you are on insulin helping you bolus correctly once you've set it up with the carb to insulin ratio.

richstimson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
mysugr is excellent. Really simple, fast and easy to use. It's made a huge difference to controlling my sugar levels. I now use the pro version so that I can search for food or activities I did previously and it helps me estimate how much insulin I need if I do the same again. The PDFs reports are great too. Highly recommended.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Diabetes Connect is the one I use when I'm bothering to record everything. I distinctly dislike mySugr. For some reason it annoys the hell out of me.

They've updated Dario since I last used it, so I may re-use it with the ability to log an off machine blood glucose now available. In terms of meter and tools, of the ones on the phone I've tried, Dario is probably the best.