Baby number 3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi!

I'm Beth and I'm kind of new to this, I'm 27, had type 1 for 15 years.
I have 2 beautiful little boys, Henry who's 3 and Jude who is 22 months. Both were born my EMC due to complications from my diabetes (excess fluid and rapid growth)

I've just found out I'm pregnant with number 3 and was wondering if anyone had any tips to keep my sugars level, whilst running round after 2 toddlers and attending numerous midwife appointments?

TIA

x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations !!
You must be over the moon , and well done on your first two pregnancies too .

I'm not that far down the line yet , I shall be trying in the next few months .

But I'm sure some others will be along soon to help and advice whos been and done it .

Just wanted to say congratulations

:):):)

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No experience of keeping bg levels steady during pregnancy (I'm a man :)) but congratulations on your news and hope all goes well.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations huni, did you find it a struggle on your second pregnancy with levels and already having 1 baby? Afraid I can't give tips as I've also not got that far yet but sure someone will help out. Do you do low carb? Xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My 2nd was a lot more poorly than my first, even though my levels were more stable. To be honest my diabetic team have never really explained carb counting to me, I've sort of been left to work things out myself :/

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Bethany,

I do not have children and am hoping to start trying at the end of the year reason being my hb level is high and need to correct this before I even think about trying.

I have had diabetes since I was 8 and am now 23 in aug.

Im trying to control my diabetes. by 'guess work' and today (docs appointment was at 7 this morning) have been referred to the pre conception clinic do you have this option??? As they should be able to help and guide you before during and after pregnancy.

xx