Oi! G'day from Brizvegas Australia

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
I am an old fart who has been into a bit of everything over the years. All sorts of things have taken my fancy and my working life has been a range of techo from basic trade through Industrial Automation of mega refineries and factories then Envrionment for the State Govt and I was even a prosecutor in the courts.

I write as Mango Chutney and I paint and draw and sign my work with a wombat stamp. I did Freelance Journalism I,II and III just for fun and I did not do art until I was 45. I went to an art workshop for years and I was voted as the most likely to become famous (probably have to die first tho) here is my online gallery. http://www.paintingsilove.com/artist/colgriffin

We were flooded in 2011 Brisbane floods, everything got slimed from above the ceiling down but the house, floor, frame and roof was structurally sound so we rebuilt using what we had left. That basically means we can't afford to move for a sea change or a tree change but where we live is very good indeed.

The centenary suburbs is a triangle formed by 2 highways and the Brisbane River so we do not get heavy transports and through traffic. We are 17k from the CBD and we have bush then the Brisbane river at the back, so we get entertained by the wildlife, mainly bush turkeys and water dragons in the warmer months. Our suburb/locality has most things that people look for, tree lined streets, schools, parks, 2 golf courses, bowls club, shopping centres, swimming pool, light industrial, bike ways and no though traffic.

Most of my time is spent at bowls or our Men's shed which was kicked off after the floods. We share the Golf club's workshops and we are constantly looking for our own premises we have 36 financial members and $36,000 of tools and equipment. We do some local charity work but we don't do heights or yard maintenance or painting but we can do all the engineering and woodwork that other service clubs can't.

I worked in many major industries getting them to work and maintenance and inspected more as an Environment Inspector and both these jobs required a detailed understanding of how the industries work/operate so I have a vast range of knowledge (that annoys some people), My engineering and practical physics is strong and this has helped me with other hobbies and interests I have had.

I have built houses, small boats and a car and my avatar is a ventriloquist's figure (dummy) that I built. I look after our shed workshop but I do not hand out jobs, we have lots of new equipment to get men using from jewellery and silver smithing through to general engineering. We have lots of donated wood so we only need to buy plywood for a while and with the metal side we are going to use scrap - melt it and cast it into usable sizes and shapes.

The latter will be interesting I have not done much casting metals. And I am interested in casting pewter and resin into silicon moulds. I am working on a Ned Kelly Chess set. I previously made a pattern and had a 11kg cast iron wall plaque of neds sawn off Snyder Enfield carbine single shot rifle that he shot the trooper with Circa 1880.

My other current interest is making T2 fun and researching and developing lo-carb recipes.

I live with my wife we sold the motorhome but I bought a Mouse house (tent cot) but have not used it yet, so I get into the great outdoors with my kayaks and I have a Suzuki Boulevard motor bike.

If you share any of the above interests please contact me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snake oil salespeople and other slime who try to profit from our condition.
G'day from just south of the border in Pottsville Beach.

My other current interest is making T2 fun and researching and developing lo-carp recipes.

I prefer flat-head or bream :)

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
err lo carb WOW Pottsville northern rivers NSW luvit.

There should be a few fish down there but they are all a bit patchy these days, too many fishermen. We used to stay a night or too at Stotts Island and spend the days near Kingscliffe, Cudgen Creek I paddled around a bit but did not see many fish caught.

Alan S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snake oil salespeople and other slime who try to profit from our condition.
Drop in if you wander down this way. We might have a low-carb beer together. I'm downing a Hahn's SuperDry atr the moment: 4.6% alcohol, reasonable taste, 3gms carb per stubby.

Reactions: 2 people

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Will do Alan and if you are coming up this way ditto.