First day of low carb again

NICNAK68

Porridge 35 carb
salad with peppers, carrot, egg, mayo, onion 0 carb
Dinner, meat and green veg

will this help me lose weight ?

xx

iHs

If you want to lose weight, ditch the porridge and eat something less in carb. How about a 2 egg mushroom omelette instead? Believe it or not, its fairly filling. 2 rashers of back bacon with 2 fried eggs and 2 dsp of tinned chopped tomatoes is also filling. In the past, I never believed that I would feel full up eating this type of stuff but it does work so try and see for yourself.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck this time around. Your lunch will have contained carbs so you need to check this using an app or a carb counting book.

Hopefully it will work on the weight front, basically if you burn more calories than you consume you will lose weight.

iHs

Remember to bolus for protein even though there's virtually no carb. I use the divide by 3 to calculate the bolus but some just use divide by 4. Add up the total protein of the food and divide it by 3 or 4 and use that figure to bolus.

NICNAK68

I didn't realise that protein needed insulin too that would explain why my BS were higher than I expected yesterday afternoon.

I really cannot believe that I will lose weight eating this way - lol

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I didn't realise that protein needed insulin too that would explain why my BS were higher than I expected yesterday afternoon.

I really cannot believe that I will lose weight eating this way - lol

Protein in the absence of carbs converts to glucose by around 50% so you do still need to take this into account, however it does so more slowly than carbs so you have to be careful with your insulin as you might go hypo postprandial, I found when I went low-carb the only way round it was to split-dose to allow for the delayed effect.