mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Just a short note from me to let you all know ( well, those that are interested ) that I shall be bowing out from the forum from now on. I won't go into too much detail but I have become disillusioned with the way things are run here and lack of co-operation amongst staff and other moderators.
I joined this forum approx 30 months ago and knew nothing about my condition. Everything I know I have picked up from people like yourselves and I want to thank you all for that. I wish you all good health and happiness. Take care , Mo :)

Reactions: 14 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to see you go, Mo. You've been very even handed and helpful to all from what I've seen in my time here.

Best wishes,

Reactions: 7 people
C

catherinecherub

Sorry to hear that Mo. You do seem to have taken on a lot of the responsibility and seem to be doing more than your fair share.
I hope you will continue here as a forum member. You will be missed.

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Just a short note from me to let you all know ( well, those that are interested ) that I shall be bowing out from the forum from now on. I won't go into too much detail but I have become disillusioned with the way things are run here and lack of co-operation amongst staff and other moderators.
I joined this forum approx 30 months ago and knew nothing about my condition. Everything I know I have picked up from people like yourselves and I want to thank you all for that. I wish you all good health and happiness. Take care , Mo :)
I note that you have become a forum regular instead of a moderator. I would just like to say thank you for all the Stirling advice which you have given me and for stepping in on the rare occasion when someone was out of line! You have always responded whenever I have written to you and are incredibly diplomatic. I write this in the hope that the powers that be read this post and understand how much we value your contribution. I think it would be sad for you to go and will miss your posts. Would you not consider staying as a valued member? Take care - whatever you decide to do!

Reactions: 9 people

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't been around long enough to recognize all the regulars on the forum. It is always sad when someone feels the need to bow out because of behind-the-forum issues, especially when they've been very active and helpful to others, and have gained a lot of great info themselves. I hope after a 'cooling off' period, that you will return! Sometimes just taking a step back helps a lot. Best wishes. :)

Reactions: 8 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear this Mo, in my 5 years here I think you have been one of the best mods we have had, always fair and unbiased and a calming influence, it's a shame that you have carried more than your fair share, you seem to do most if not all of the moderating here and that's not fair on you. Moderating by its nature is a usually a thankless task so I am saying thank you for being a great mod :):);)

The forum is a very different place now, but that's the nature of forums I suppose, please stick around, I would hate to see you disappear completely, you have a great presence here :):)

Reactions: 10 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
You see all and more are in agreement so stay as a mud paddler like the rest of us. As has been said take a bit of time to de-stress and come back

Reactions: 5 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
sorry to see you go mo.
i,ve only been here a couple of months and found you,ve been a great mod

Reactions: 9 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Agree with the other, it's hard to appear even handed around here. You've spent a lot of time on the job and managed what I think is an almost impossibly difficult job . You've managed people with conflicting views extremely diplomatically.
Well done.

. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
sorry to see you go, I hope you can some back to give and receive support......

its a shame when the main reason were all here is forgotten, but these things happen I suppose in all types of forums........

:)

Reactions: 6 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Stay around Mo, you've been a good mod, and it would be terrible to lose you as a member!

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Saddened to hear this Mo. You were fair and balanced in all you did and your sage advice was always warmly welcomed. Please do stay on as a member.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks Mo! Stick around, you can have an opinion now!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to see this, Mo. I agree with everyone above and hope you stick around. I have always found you to be sensible and well balanced in your posts.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Mo, rather than leave why don't you just take a short/'long break and see how you feel weeks or months down the line. As a fellow type 1 I can honestly say I've learned a lot from people like yourself, Hale and Brett etc who haven't been diagnosed that long....so it works both ways. It would be a shame for you to go but if by staying is causing you stress then I fully appreciate your reasons.

Take care and do reconsider things.